Sync4A Updates

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Skylais

Reaction score
Hey Everyone… soo I wanted to see where everyone was with these updates. I have a ‘23 Timberline with the 15inch 4a sync..

But mine still seems to be on 22277 revision 588 or according to the sync update checker page, sync 4.0.22277

It tells me that I have the latest version, and when I called fords OTA update team, they told me it looked like they weren’t seeing any updates sent to it since I bought back in September of 23..

Any one else have a 23 on here that has the new update that gives you the camera button and ability to use the knob for the fan and temp, etc?

Dealer told me Ford does the updates and they can’t install them, I suspect that translates to they don’t want to mess with it?

Any help would be appreciated.
Hey there! Same boat and version as you. I’ve had mine since August or so and no updates.

In terms of help I’m not sure there is much we or the dealers can do. I got a FDRS license, which is the official ford tool that the dealers would use to update your vehicle manually, upon entering my VIN, I only saw 3 updates for the driver, passenger, and trunk door modules. Nothing regarding Sync. Granted I checked that a couple months ago.

Second, I even got into fords early software access program but there are still no updates.

I guess us 23 year models are going to have to wait it out. I really hope we don’t get stuck on this version because the one touch camera button and some of the other knob functions would be very useful.

ExpyEverest

Reaction score
Hey there! Same boat and version as you. I’ve had mine since August or so and no updates.

In terms of help I’m not sure there is much we or the dealers can do. I got a FDRS license, which is the official ford tool that the dealers would use to update your vehicle manually, upon entering my VIN, I only saw 3 updates for the driver, passenger, and trunk door modules. Nothing regarding Sync. Granted I checked that a couple months ago.

Second, I even got into fords early software access program but there are still no updates.

I guess us 23 year models are going to have to wait it out. I really hope we don’t get stuck on this version because the one touch camera button and some of the other knob functions would be very useful.
Well, I guess that’s a relief to hear I’m not the only one. Haha. Yes you and me both! I really hope we don’t get stuck either and REALLY want that camera button. Having to go through the vehicle button first is annoying when trying to park!

I was thinking about checking the FDRS myself to see what I could find since my dealer ship clearly was running me off, but if you only saw those updates I may want to wait a little longer, idk. Did you notice any improvements after doing those updates or did you do them?

I may even try to get in on that early access program myself, I really really want them to update us to the new Ford Digital Experience but I doubt that will happen! Wishful thinking I’m sure!

Skylais

Reaction score
Well, I guess that’s a relief to hear I’m not the only one. Haha. Yes you and me both! I really hope we don’t get stuck either and REALLY want that camera button. Having to go through the vehicle button first is annoying when trying to park!

I was thinking about checking the FDRS myself to see what I could find since my dealer ship clearly was running me off, but if you only saw those updates I may want to wait a little longer, idk. Did you notice any improvements after doing those updates or did you do them?

I may even try to get in on that early access program myself, I really really want them to update us to the new Ford Digital Experience but I doubt that will happen! Wishful thinking I’m sure!
I did not do the updates as it requires a special device and I didn’t want to drop a lot of money on the device for door updates.
But like you mentioned, I am going to wait a little while longer and then maybe check again to see if there are more updates.
The cool thing is, if either of us grabs a license, or really anyone on the forum, they can plug in the VIN of others to see updates. So if I do grab a license again I’ll let the forum know.
I think it’s like $50 for 2 days access….

Also the update process, Depending on the updates, requires the battery to be charged/maintained, and I’ve read some can take hours to complete, so that’s another potential cost - a battery charger.
This is probably why the dealers don’t like to do the updates either as they can take a long time. But at the very least they should be able to enter your VIN into FDRS to see if any modules have updates available. They don’t even need the vehicle to do this, but not sure if they will acknowledge it.

ExpyEverest

Reaction score
I did not do the updates as it requires a special device and I didn’t want to drop a lot of money on the device for door updates.
But like you mentioned, I am going to wait a little while longer and then maybe check again to see if there are more updates.
The cool thing is, if either of us grabs a license, or really anyone on the forum, they can plug in the VIN of others to see updates. So if I do grab a license again I’ll let the forum know.
I think it’s like $50 for 2 days access….

Also the update process, Depending on the updates, requires the battery to be charged/maintained, and I’ve read some can take hours to complete, so that’s another potential cost - a battery charger.
This is probably why the dealers don’t like to do the updates either as they can take a long time. But at the very least they should be able to enter your VIN into FDRS to see if any modules have updates available. They don’t even need the vehicle to do this, but not sure if they will acknowledge it.

Oh that is cool! Yeah let me know if you do.

I know that ford put up a page that shows the version that every model should be current on and ours is like 4.0.23223

Soooo I know we are somewhat behind. lol.

It sucks cause I’ve seen some 22s and like 23 limited owners say they have been getting the updates and 24s are getting shipped from the factory with them, some of the how-to videos even show the new update as the UI!

It’s like the 23 timberlines and above got looked over from getting that ford sync love.

Probably/hopefully this spring/summer we will have something.

Below is the link to that pdf if you want to check it out.