Sync4A Updates

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jjscsix

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Just when I think I’m coming to terms with this system this happened….

Last night I drove it. It was still over 90 degrees outside when I got out of it last night. So needless to say the AC was on and ventilated seats on.

This morning we get in it and the AC is completely off, the driver seat ventilated/heat is off, the passenger seat heater is on high. And just to clarify, it was 89 degrees outside.

I have no idea why the settings changed. They have always come back on with the same settings as the last time we drove it.

My wife says I should quit saying I hate the system. I’m just not there yet.

rd618

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Just when I think I’m coming to terms with this system this happened….

Last night I drove it. It was still over 90 degrees outside when I got out of it last night. So needless to say the AC was on and ventilated seats on.

This morning we get in it and the AC is completely off, the driver seat ventilated/heat is off, the passenger seat heater is on high. And just to clarify, it was 89 degrees outside.

I have no idea why the settings changed. They have always come back on with the same settings as the last time we drove it.

My wife says I should quit saying I hate the system. I’m just not there yet.
You have something wrong.
The settings either are set to last setting or they adapt to the cabin’s auto based on interior temp.
The tech here isn’t new but in of my BMW it was annoying. At that house I parked in a basement garage and every day it thought it needed the heat bc the cabin was 65*. Could be 80 out, but it only measured the cabin temp.
Heat or vent seats follow the HVAC settings, so if it calls for heat it turns warmers on.
It’s usually pretty good and accurate but not infallible.

jjscsix

Full Access Members
Reaction score
You have something wrong.
The settings either are set to last setting or they adapt to the cabin’s auto based on interior temp.
The tech here isn’t new but in of my BMW it was annoying. At that house I parked in a basement garage and every day it thought it needed the heat bc the cabin was 65*. Could be 80 out, but it only measured the cabin temp.
Heat or vent seats follow the HVAC settings, so if it calls for heat it turns warmers on.
It’s usually pretty good and accurate but not infallible.
I have the settings right. And we drive the vehicle every day. It’s the first time it has done it. We changed nothing.

As far as the interior temp, trust me when I tell you that was not the issue. I’m am positive my garage did not get below 80 degrees last night. I know that because I got in my other car at 6:45 this morning and that is what that car was showing as ambient temp In the garage. Besides, the system was OFF completely. I have not turned the HVAC off in a vehicle in decades. They are always in automode.

Old Dog

Reaction score
I have a 2022 Platinum Max and so far getting updates and no problems. Sync updated to 4.2.2 yesterday. I park in the garage and get updates at night over WI-Fi.

Mayurreddy

Reaction score
Good Morning Members, need some help here. Any of the 22 Platinum owners who got their update on sync. Would you mind sharing your Vin number please.
I'm trying to see what the newer version number is on the back end. Trying to get the update pushed/installed by my tech at work. He was asking If I can get a vin that has received any updates

rd618

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I have the settings right. And we drive the vehicle every day. It’s the first time it has done it. We changed nothing.

As far as the interior temp, trust me when I tell you that was not the issue. I’m am positive my garage did not get below 80 degrees last night. I know that because I got in my other car at 6:45 this morning and that is what that car was showing as ambient temp In the garage. Besides, the system was OFF completely. I have not turned the HVAC off in a vehicle in decades. They are always in automode.
Yea, I’m saying something wrong as in glitch. Not user error.

balthisar

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I've got an early 2022 Platinum, and the phone application is indicating I'm still on 4.2.1, but the truck is in deep sleep mode as far as I can tell (no updates since the 23d).
The last time I drove it, though it had the same UI as it always had. I just had my Job 1 2021 Mach E updated last week at the service center, and the whole UI is improved. It doesn't have the one-touch liftgate button, though, but it's definitely faster to get to. It looks like I'll have to wake up the Expedition!

jjscsix

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I have a 2022 Platinum Max and so far getting updates and no problems. Sync updated to 4.2.2 yesterday. I park in the garage and get updates at night over WI-Fi.
I assumed the dealer did it. Good to hear. I’ll have to read the manual I guess. I assume we have to have settings set to allow updates over the air.