Talk me into a 2020 Expedition-Need advice.answers/comments please..

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mpc11

Reaction score
Why not at least list your TRD private sale on autotrader, craigslist, etc. and see if you get any bites and also start looking around for a low mileage used '18 or '19 Expedition? You took the depreciation hit on your TRD, let someone else take the hit on the Expy and perhaps you come out close to even..?

Deadman

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Why not at least list your TRD private sale on autotrader, craigslist, etc. and see if you get any bites and also start looking around for a low mileage used '18 or '19 Expedition? You took the depreciation hit on your TRD, let someone else take the hit on the Expy and perhaps you come out close to even..?

He just said that was too much work.......

I don't know bout you, but if I can sell my vehicle for $5K MORE than any dealer would give me on trade in, I'd be working all night long to sell that thing myself. Thats just me tho.... These kinds of deals are why dealers stay in business.

JExpedition07

That One Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
0 % for 72 months on xlts now. We bought one last week. Definately get hd tow and fx4

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
6 years of payments is nutso. They shouldn’t even be financing highly depreciating autos past 2-3 years of payments.

Deadman

Full Access Members
Reaction score
6 years of payments is nutso. They shouldn’t even be financing highly depreciating autos past 2-3 years of payments.

It doesn't matter if you pay it on day one or 6 years later, it still costs a lot and most people have worn the good out of them by the 6th year and they are still paying on it. Crazy..... I can't imagine paying a big monthly payment on a 6 yr old vehicle that's probably got 100K on it. lol

Lou Hamilton

Full Access Members
Reaction score
He just said that was too much work.......

I don't know bout you, but if I can sell my vehicle for $5K MORE than any dealer would give me on trade in, I'd be working all night long to sell that thing myself. Thats just me tho.... These kinds of deals are why dealers stay in business.

I chose to trade in my old vehicle instead of selling it outright. Dealer gave me $5600. I just saw it on their used website for $11,500.

Based on my personal evaluation of the vehicle, I thought I could only sell it for around $7000 (Kelley Blue Book website), so I thought it was "fair enough" to do the trade. I know they will never get the full $11,500 unless they invested money -- cracked windshield, spray foam stain on driver seat, dog claw tear in backseat, holes drilled in plastic parts for running cables, missing gas cap cover, missing LATCH attachment point covers in third row seats, etc.

Calidad

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I owned a 4runner yrs ago hated it bought a super clean Land Cruiser liked it but it was expensive to maintain total gas pig and really not that great of a highway rig. I sold it after 7yrs and 60,000 miles for what I bought it for 7 yrs prior. I replaced it with a 06 Sequoia in 2011. Enjoyed the Sequoia but mileage was not great plus the 06 got bumped power and it needed Premium fuel on trips that got the little V8 working. Sold that to my dad and bought the 2019 Expedition Platinum. Didn’t even bother to look at the Sequoia old as dirt, lousy mileage etc etc etc. Liked the GMC Yukon Denali but wasn’t impressed with the dated 40-60 2nd row bench and dealers weren’t dealing. So looked at the 2019 Expedition tons of Platinums still available given they were too much $$$$. $84,000 MSRP scared lots of folks away. I got the Platinum with heavy tow package for 72k.

2nd row bench is 40-20-40 which has been awesome! Mileage has been pretty good 17-18mpg worst case short lousy in town stuff. Road trips 65-75mph 20-22mpg averages.

Very happy we skipped the GM twins no comparison between the 2019-2020 GMs vs the Expedition which is why GM finally redesigned it for 2021.
Toyota is so far behind the truck / big SUV curve they aren’t even a player anymore. Toyota needs an all new power plant line up, big gains in efficiency and a huge technology infusion to get back into the Full sized game.

I’m super happy with the turning radius the Expedition is oddly pretty capable in tight Bay Area parking lots and garages. The 360 camera system is great!! Highly recommended.

No towing or kids or serious 4x4 needs? Go With a loaded up XLT or basic Limited without the heavy tow package. As for space? The 4runner is lousy on space and lousy on highway handling plus mileage is pretty lame too. The Expedition would be a big improvement across the board.

warranty via ford buy it from the “dealer” we all get it from of see if your dealer will match it. I found Ford Warranty packages to be pretty cheap $1000-$1700 for well over 100,000 and 6+yrs which is pretty reasonable.

Any brand today has complex cars they all have potential for problems.