Terrible radio reception

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mikeb

Reaction score
Just picked up a used '00 EB version. I love it and it is in remarkable condition but the reception is awful! AM is almost non-existent and FM is so hit and miss. I know the antenae is in the rear window but is there a seperate AM antenae under the dash maybe? Bought it from a dealer, warranty etc so I'm not stressing but would like to check it today if anyone has any tips.
Thanks!

cbinaz

Reaction score
The antennae which plugs into the rear of the player inside the dash might have come unplugged.

The only way to check is to pull the radio out and check. The factory radio requires those anti-theft keys to pull it out (a wire clothes hanger works fine).

smo0othride

Full Access Members
Reaction score
that's strange that FM is better then AM because the AM signal is suppose to be stronger. If you need to get the key they sell them at autozone and maybe even walmart.

cappy

Reaction score
I had the same issue. . . Then I replaced the radio. But it was that the plug came out of the radio, really badly designed plug the need somthing like an RJ-8 or BNC connector for it.