Thoughts on vinyl wraps for Ford emblems

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

EdWeg

Reaction score
To each his own as the saying goes then! Choose whichever combination of color scheme suits YOU!

Jace

Full Access Members
Reaction score
No. It has been too cold for a good application and even though it was warmer today, I was too busy doing other errands.

The more I have been thinking about it, I might just go with the black and chrome ones and not chance overdoing the red accents.

This has my vote

Wnomis

Reaction score
Where did you find the black one? I have been wanting to black that out to match the blacked out windows

John I

Reaction score
It took a couple attempts to receive the correct size from the vendor, who was very responsive to emails. I botched installation of the rear black/chrome decal (bubbles, wrinkles) but the front one came out much better. My overall impression; I really like the look but not a fan of the execution. I will be seeking a more professional way to achieve this look than a $10 sticker.

356A43B8-8DCE-4928-A56D-657F76030AC1.jpeg

3491A7D1-6289-49B2-9376-4586BAC36EBA.jpeg

TobyU

Full Access Members
Reaction score
With the red tow hook, I like the red. I'd even do the EXPLORER in red.

With black hooks, black would make more sense.

I need one for an 03 navigator as my emblem got damaged in car wash. Haven't really inspected it yet but think I can fix it ok by filling in low recessed area but a sticker would be icing on the cake.
Any link to the people who make stuff like this?
The navi oem emblem is about 40 and I'm too cheap to pay that.

playingbball20

Reaction score
It took a couple attempts to receive the correct size from the vendor, who was very responsive to emails. I botched installation of the rear black/chrome decal (bubbles, wrinkles) but the front one came out much better. My overall impression; I really like the look but not a fan of the execution. I will be seeking a more professional way to achieve this look than a $10 sticker.

View attachment 33992

View attachment 33993
What is the actual size you ended up having to use?

Highlightreel

Reaction score
I tried the darkside racing ones, black, and they are nice but I gave up and would not buy again. The back one looked good when I finally got it on level and really made me want the black ones. But by the time I tried the front one, which is harder due to the larger size of the emblem piece I ended up giving up. I could not get it on just right and without creases/wrinkles. They are good quality and if it was an easier piece I was applying it to, I'd love it. Just too hard on the domed Ford emblem.

I am trying to find a real set on ebay that fit the Expy. The back needs to be 7.75" and that seems to be rare on there.

John I

Reaction score
What is the actual size you ended up having to use?

According to my email history, the front was 8 5/8 x 3 5/16.

I requested the rear at 7 1/16 x 2 11/16, but botched the install so can't vouch for that being a perfect fit.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dcleghorn01