Throttle sticking

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Grasshopper

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Not really drivetrain-related, but the throttle is sticking (especially when it's cold), meaning that it's hard to press down and then breaks, causing an engine surge as the pedal goes down quickly.

Where do you "lube" a sticky throttle to make it smooth again??

thx

Allen

OVERKILL

Reaction score
If you look under the dash near the gas pedal, there should be a lever/joint where it is attached. I would lube that see what happens.

mustangrfast88

Full Access Members
Reaction score
i would also lude at the end under the hood where it attaches the the throttle body maybe some dirt or dust got up under there and just needs blown out

green03

Full Access Members
Reaction score
see if it is actually the throttle body or something in the pedal or cable. you can manually operate the throttle body while it is cold (by hand, you may have to remove the engine's plastic cover) then go step on the pedal and see if is still sticking. if it still sticks it is in your pedal or your cable may have worn into it's jacket and have too much friction.

Matt R

OP
OP
G

Grasshopper

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Thanks guys, for the info.

I haven't been under there other than just to look at how the levers were. I'm also familiar with how the throttle body is set up. I just haven't had any of my vehicles had a sticking problem and didn't know where to begin...under the dash or under the hood.

I'll check into it.