Tire pressure monitoring system when rotating tires

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

2018ExpyPlatinum

Full Access Members
Reaction score
DWs-TTEB.....that's what I thought. Self learn. Dealer rotates mine with the oil change. They do reset the oil life, but I was under the impression it was self learn.

rs4-380

Reaction score
Our 4thGen Expys are auto TPMS learning. I’ve rotated my tires 3 times & installed a new set of tires. Discount tires said it’s auto learning & in ForScan TPMS is by default/OEM set to auto learn. Drive a mile and it learns.
It may automatically look for new sensors on the right frequency but there is no way it can magically tell which sensor is on which corner of the car.

DWs-TTEB

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Seems to work itself out for my application. I did have the OEM TPMS sensors swapped into my new tires so that may be reason it figures it out. I have aired down then 1 by 1 added air and the ICP showed the increase on the correct tire.

Rob6805

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Our 4thGen Expys are auto TPMS learning. I’ve rotated my tires 3 times & installed a new set of tires. Discount tires said it’s auto learning & in ForScan TPMS is by default/OEM set to auto learn. Drive a mile and it learns.
Hmm, how does it auto learn what it's new position is. LF, RF, LR, RR? You move the LF to the LR during a rotation I don't see how it would automatically know it's new position.

Rob6805

Full Access Members
Reaction score
It may automatically look for new sensors on the right frequency but there is no way it can magically tell which sensor is on which corner of the car.
Exactly. You need to go through the process to tell it the new positions of the tires after each rotation.

DWs-TTEB

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Hmm, how does it auto learn what it's new position is. LF, RF, LR, RR? You move the LF to the LR during a rotation I don't see how it would automatically know it's new position.
I don’t know. Haven’t dug into this like that.

FernieB5of8

Reaction score
Old thread but I wanted to confirm how to reset the TPMS after a tire rotation. I assume this will work on my 21.

1. Turn on accessory mode only
2. Turn on and turn off hazards three times in a row
3. TPMS training screen comes on in center console display, follow directions by releasing air until horn honks.
This still works on my 2021 XLT FX4.

NukeLife

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Exactly. You need to go through the process to tell it the new positions of the tires after each rotation.
Eh. Nope? I’ve swapped wheels, tires, rotated,… etc. And never had to program anything. ? I thought I was going to need to tell it which sensor was on which corner, but no. It always learns the locations without me having to do anything. ‍♂️

Rob6805

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Eh. Nope? I’ve swapped wheels, tires, rotated,… etc. And never had to program anything. ? I thought I was going to need to tell it which sensor was on which corner, but no. It always learns the locations without me having to do anything. ‍♂️
Ok, but how does it do this? I move the LF tire to the RR position. How does the TPMS know it moved and what that new position is?