Totaled?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
P

PrepVet

Reaction score
Well, USAA finally talked to me with more than... we are waiting for documents. The body shop sent their portion to the wrong damn email. Now USAA said they will have a decision by Wednesday. The total cost from the body shop is actually $19,500. I was taking out the $1,000 deductible before. Not sure if that matters to their adjusters. What is a 2015 Expedition EL XLT with 107k on the clock even worth right now? It looks like $21,500? Damn; for sure totaled then, and tough to find a newer one I want. She was paid off with a warranty that goes until 31DEC2099 and unlimited miles. I was going to drive it into the ground.

Last edited:
OP
OP
P

PrepVet

Reaction score
maybe. The WI limit is 70% value. That would be a big change on their end.

OP
OP
P

PrepVet

Reaction score
Good luck on your repairs.

I'm just curious about the 177-year warranty (until 2199!).

-- Chuck
It’s the lifetime warranty from the dealer I bought it from. The base was powertrain and the ‘platinum’ is most things outside of wear items. I’ve had good luck with it thus far.

Gregg Eshelman

Full Access Members
Reaction score
The idea of doing damage assessments remotely using a few photos is BS. Can't find all the damage without looking at the vehicle in person to look under, inside, behind everywhere. If there's no structural damage I'd absolutely fight any claim of it being totaled since replacing removable parts would put it back to original condition.

GlennSullivan

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Used vehicles are bringing some crazy money these days, asking prices for 2015 2016 XLTs with around 100k miles are in the $19,000 - $20,000 range, so you may be able to negotiate a deal between the body shop and insurance company to fix it.

Lynnii2

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I am hoping not but I am coming up a month since I hit the deer and USAA and the body shop have not come up with what’s happening yet. There are 107k miles on the clock.

06NOV I hit a deer about 300 miles from home. I had the car towed to a local body shop. Got a hotel and had a one way half day rental to get home the next day. No continued rental expense.

I used USAA’s app to complete the report. They said it has $7500 worth of damage and the money was in my account before I even woke up the next morning. The body shop is saying just a few bucks shy of $18,000. The body shop has a new intercooler, radiator, trans cooler, oil cooler, a/c stuff, head lights, rad support, skid plate. All stuff the USAA online quote did not. Neither quote has the seat belt tensioners on them. All of them went off. No airbags did however.

View attachment 75881View attachment 75882

Well, USAA finally talked to me with more than... we are waiting for documents. The body shop sent their portion to the wrong damn email. Now USAA said they will have a decision by Wednesday. The total cost from the body shop is actually $19,500. I was taking out the $1,000 deductible before. Not sure if that matters to their adjusters. What is a 2015 Expedition EL XLT with 107k on the clock even worth right now? It looks like $21,500? Damn; for sure totaled then, and tough to find a newer one I want. She was paid off with a warranty that goes until 31DEC2099 and unlimited miles. I was going to drive it into the ground.
You can also do an independent appraisal to see if you can get more money, then just apply that money to a new truck.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tifanydire