TPMS Cryptic Part #s

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LazSlate

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Some info for anyone going down this road.

So I bought some TPMS sensors from Amazon. They got great reviews.

Then after posting in the forum I got all sorts of answers for different tpms on gen 4 or different on 2022 so I spent days trying to find the part # for motorcraft. Some sites said FR3Z-1A189-F which is replaced by FR3Z-1A189-J and others said something different. But the consensus was the part fit. Well spent $200 and got them and still had that nagging feeling if they were right.

So today I tried to train them out of the car to check and no dice. For the heck of it I tried the Amazon ones and it picked it up right away.

So turns out of all places Amazon was correct. And the Amazon OEM say this part is the same as the F2GZ-1A189A Ford part. But when I go to a Ford site and try F2GZ-1A189A it says it will not fit 2022 Ford Expedition.

Anyway for those who are looking for Motorcraft seems F2GZ-1A189A is the right part even though it says it is not.
For me the Amazon ITM sensors had 5 star review and they programmed before I went down the route of getting them mounted.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
M Bennett