Tuning Information - Livernois Motorsports

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jamaican Cruiser

Reaction score
I am considering going with the Livernois Tune on my 2019 Max. I like this particular tune because I get the gains without adding a lot of aftermarket "stuff".

I drive long distances (DC metro to Fort Myers Florida; DC Metro to Dallas; DC to Knoxville) and really enjoy a quiet ride. I had installed the Magnaflow exhaust and after one trip to Knoxville the drone almost drove me crazy. I tried installing almost every drone elimination device I could find, but it did not help.

I also pull an Airstream trailer, so the extra Torque and HP would come in handy. Thank in advance for sharing your experiences.

LokiWolf

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I had a LMS Tuner laying around when I got my 2020, so I decided to try it on the Expedition, because their Tune on my Edge Sport was decent. I switched to ZFG on my Sport, because of Ethanol Tuning. Then I stayed with ZFG on my Explorer ST that replaced my Edge. So the LMS MyCal was laying around gathering dust. I upgraded to the newer device and switched it to the Expedition, because I figured a nice Mild Tune for the Wife's daily would be perfect. Nope. She did not like the shifting(More aggressive in Normal) and the power delivery did not feel smooth. This was 93 Tuning. Gave them opportunity to adjust, and the 2 first tweaks they responded quickly. Adjusted the shifting, and it was definately better, but still not good. They said they would send it back to the Calibrator, to make additional tweaks, and said it would take a few weeks. I checked in with them 3 weeks later, and they said they were working on it. I haven't heard from them since, that was last May.

After they said it would still be a few weeks, I called up Adam@ZFG, and he sent me a 93 Tune. It was MUCH better, we logged, and adjusted a few things. We then did an E85 Tune. When not traveling we daily the E85 Tune, otherwise we use the 93 Tune. Adam can make a Tow Specific tune for you also. If I am towing beyond 3K, I go back to stock, because our Tune is a Performance tune.

Your experience with LMS might be better, and they have many Happy customers. I was disappointed.

I know you are in NoVA, if you are ever driving through Richmond, message me. I can let you drive ours, and I can even load the LMS tune up if you want me to, so you can feel it too.

OP
OP
Jamaican Cruiser

Jamaican Cruiser

Reaction score
Thank you for the information. I am in the information gathering stage, so I have not committed to anything just yet. I used 93 octane 100% of the time out of habit. I had an Audi Q7 for 14 years which had to use 91 or better so it has become my "normal".

I am driving to Chesapeake/Norfolk in a few weeks, so will let you know.

Muddy Bean

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Another vote for Adam at ZFG. He did my 93 oct race tune as well as my tow tune and the truck behaves like a different vehicle. I just blew my turbo and manifold and replaced them over the course of about a week and now with my boost back it’s really fun to drive again. Going to go catless and trying to figure out how to disable CEL for this but haven’t come up with a solution yet but very happy with my tune. FYI, I have a 2015 limited EL with 194,000 miles on it.