Turn signal/wiper switch on an 01 Expedition

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bar422

Full Access Members
Reaction score
How difficult is it to change the turn signal/wiper switch on an 01 Expedition XLT? Any help would be appreciated!

BakerEdition

EF Chaplain
Reaction score
I was just in mine the other day...there 3 screws on the bottom of the plastic housing that covers the column..they are philips screws...remove the dash trim piece in front of that...it just snaps out...tilt the wheel all the way up and then unscrew the handle for the tilt wheel....the bottom of the column will fall right off...there are two torx screws on one on the top and one at the bottom of the turn signal switch...remove those screws and the switch will be loose and there will be two plugs on the back...unplug those and the switch will be in your hand.... be careful when removing those plugs...sometimes the connectors in the plug will come out and you have to remember where they go....shoot a picture that you could refer back to....

OP
OP
B

bar422

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Took it all apart like you said....then found out it was a wire broken out of one of the plugs on the switch. Fixed it temporarily and it was pretty easy to do. Thanks Again!

OP
OP
B

bar422

Full Access Members
Reaction score
LOL!.......I know people who would buy that!