Ugly Plugs....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mbtech2003

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Mechanic that did the work said the same thing, and was prepared for that to happen and was surprised none did. So he was happy about it, but was amused by the terminal stud breaking off on two of the plugs.

Edited to add: The mechanic told my wife he went with a three step removal. Pre-soaked them with a penetrant, applied heat, and did something else.
Pray. That’s the last thing. Lol

Mike Norrell

Reaction score
Agree I didn't want to come straight out and say it in my original post above, but it leaves me wondering if the shop charged her (Original owner) for work, they didn't do!
If you went back to the same shop and same mechanic, maybe he can/will answer that question...or the shop owner will. I ONLY use a mechanic that I KNOW and TRUST.

Vincent Vega

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Yeah just by looking at those plugs, not sure that they were actually swapped out 10k miles ago. The Ford stealership did that to me recently on some warranty work on my Escape. Good thing you swapped them out, they were ready.

OP
OP
USAF Sarge

USAF Sarge

Reaction score
If you went back to the same shop and same mechanic, maybe he can/will answer that question...or the shop owner will. I ONLY use a mechanic that I KNOW and TRUST.

Wish I still had the paperwork from the previous owner. If I did, I would know the name of the shop and would definitely ask them. I looked through it, made notes of when and what was serviced and shredded it.

OP
OP
USAF Sarge

USAF Sarge

Reaction score
Yeah just by looking at those plugs, not sure that they were actually swapped out 10k miles ago. The Ford stealership did that to me recently on some warranty work on my Escape. Good thing you swapped them out, they were ready.

It's sad that there are some mechanics or shops that do that, and if not caught early It's hard to prove they did. The more they get away with it, the more they do it. One day someone might lose their life because of BS like this.

Our current mechanics went to school with our kids. They actually tell you what is wearing out, and let you know IF the repair can wait if needed. They also send pictures of what they find etc. That's where the pictures came from. I've gone to them with simple jobs and not been charged.

Jb14

Full Access Members
Reaction score
@USAF Sarge First thank you for your service (side note my son will be joining the Air Force this year) I think all is correct those plugs look original so sad when shops are not honest

OP
OP
USAF Sarge

USAF Sarge

Reaction score
@USAF Sarge First thank you for your service (side note my son will be joining the Air Force this year) I think all is correct those plugs look original so sad when shops are not honest

I wish your son luck in his future Air Force journey. What AFSC is he shooting for?

As for my service thank you, it was an honor and privilege to serve this country and I would do it all over again without hesitation.

I agree it is sad when a shop stoops to this level of dishonesty. I'm thankful for having a honest shop doing our work, and thankful they came out without breaking.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jkxr4