Update all versions of Ford Sync 3 to the latest Sync 3.4

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HawkX66

Semper Fi!
Reaction score
Glad to help! @Cyanlabs deserves the credit for writing those instructions and compiling the files! He made it SO much easier vs the first 2 times I did it!!! Make sure you also do the 19274 update. Should be 3 installs total unless you slip streamed the 19274 update in to the 2nd step.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Just responded to your other response in Gen 3. Thanks again!

byathread

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Done/Piece of cake...

Followed cyanlabs instructions. I got the error with 1st USB, but just yanked it out and put in the 2nd one without a reboot. No issues there.

I did all the steps cause I think the 19274 update doesn't have the NA118 maps in it, but, either way I'm up to ***** and ready to downgrade to facilitate a Sync 3.5/next one if and when it comes out.

Cheers to @LokiWolf and @AAOO and huge thanks to @Cyanlabs...

[emoji482] [emoji106] [emoji41]

byathread

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Just noticed an added bonus of doing this coming back from hockey practice; as an android auto user anyway - you get outside temperature indication within android auto. This was my only real gripe with the interface running that before. Didn't see that as an advertised feature of 19274, so figured I'd share. [emoji41]

Cyanlabs

Reaction score
Just noticed an added bonus of doing this coming back from hockey practice; as an android auto user anyway - you get outside temperature indication within android auto. This was my only real gripe with the interface running that before. Didn't see that as an advertised feature of 19274, so figured I'd share. [emoji41]
i think this is a new feature of AA as i only recently have started getting this.

FWIW; i have just added a crap ton of different packages for other regions also :)

byathread

Full Access Members
Reaction score
i think this is a new feature of AA as i only recently have started getting this.

FWIW; i have just added a crap ton of different packages for other regions also :)
Yeah, I saw "display temp based on location" in settings since I started using AA, but, it just didn't show up until I installed the 19274. [emoji106]

LokiWolf

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Yeah, I saw "display temp based on location" in settings since I started using AA, but, it just didn't show up until I installed the 19274. [emoji106]

Yeah, New feature of AA, but 3.4 is needed to use it. Hoping CarPlay does something like this soon also!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Fozzy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Something I have never noticed until tonight on 3.4 is the big chain restaurants show their sign on the map. McDonalds shows the arches, chevrons show the three chevrons. Not sure if that’s the new map update or 3.4. I came from 3.0.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

armoredsaint

Full Access Members
Reaction score
You can turn it off also. I use Waze about 99.9% of the time since I travel a lot.