update, update

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
silverbackexpo

silverbackexpo

Full Access Members
Reaction score
4/27/12 today I drove the expo an I noticed the flashing check engine light. And I still have the same codes. I also noticed that I might have a slight exhaust leak where the header meets the y-pipe.

splintrcel

Full Access Members
Reaction score
One of my friends had that issue of the rpm not holding steady. Check the throttle body for crap jammed in it. The valve can get easily gunked up. When there is crap in it the computer tries harder to open the valve then when it gets open it opens too far so the computer then tries to close it and gets stuck in a loop of opening and closing. A cheap way to try to battle the issue is seafoam, a fuel additive. A can and a half will work for a tank of gas. I run it through the vac lines as well. I am a believer that it works. Give it a try. Replacing the throttle body is an option as well but way more expensive.

OP
OP
silverbackexpo

silverbackexpo

Full Access Members
Reaction score
The flash cel was p0113 an p0306. One is a missfire in #6 an the other one said air intake temperature sensor 1 high. Where is that sensor located.

Racenut

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Are you buy chance running a Chinabay cold air intake? Some of the cheaper so called cold air intakes can actually cause the motor to run " Lean " but this is mainly at WOT. I also ask because you stated that you have a code for high intake air temp, which that sensor is located on the intake tube itself.

CARO'S98EB

Full Access Members
Reaction score
intake air temp sensor is part of the MAF or it is a small round sensor that in in the rubber intake tube near the MAF.

OP
OP
silverbackexpo

silverbackexpo

Full Access Members
Reaction score
As of last night the plug that was causing havoc on my motor has been changed its running 97% better. Thanks everyone for the help.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PaulMedik