Upgrading to NAV in my '07

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jimmyv13

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I am pondering the thought of installing a factory NAV headunit in my '07 EB. Anyone know if it's as simple as remove old and replace with new...and of course set the antenna?

tonydiv

technical advisor
Reaction score
Check with your dealer. If nav was available as a dealer installed option, then you may be ok. In fact they probably have a kit for the install. Unfortunately, I don't ever remember adding nav, back when I was selling Fords.

I just picked up a Pioneer AVIC 700 unit that looks great and does basically everything. They are cheap now, around $450

OP
OP
J

jimmyv13

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I'm fairly certain it was an option in the EB models, I think I remember seeing NAV in one of the vehicles we looked at....I know for certain it's an option in the Limited models.

tonydiv

technical advisor
Reaction score
It was certainly an option on both those models.
The question is, was it a factory option or a dealer installed option.

If the dealer could do it, than most likely, you can too. But if you had to order it from the factory, then it may involve different wiring harnesses and perhaps a multitude of other things that would be hard to do once the vehicle was built.

Expedition

Full Access Members
Reaction score
in the end i think it would be better to go with an aftermarket nav, but you should ask your dealer