VSM

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Gene Turner

Reaction score
So, I have a 2004 NBX Expy with 5.4. I am experiencing issues I believe are related to the VSM. Auto lights don’t work, cannot lock/unlock doors with remote, combo pad, door ajar is always lit, auto radio off when door opens doesn’t work, lights on warning doesn’t work, key in ignition warning doesn’t work, auto lock when reaching 8 mph doesn’t work. I can’t open rear lift gate or lift glass.

The only way I can get in the truck is locking/unlocking from the interior manually. I replaced the smart junction box because I was told by the used parts yard the VSM is in the junction box. No joy. Any input would be helpful.

Thanks in advance!

1955moose

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Vehicle security monitor or VSM should be passenger side, above fuse box. At least that's what I came up with when I googled it.

Sent from my N9131 using Tapatalk

Reaction score
Check for a spliced under passenger side door sill. Red/wht wire. Bad splice can cause issue. Also there is a purple wire that can get nicked and cause a lot of problems. It runs length of vehicle. One guy said he found a nick under the driver's side door

jessiev

Reaction score
I have the exact same issue as the OP. My daughter left the window. Did you figure out what it was? Or where the VSM was exactly 2006 expy