Water Leak Drivers Side '08 XLT

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

scurvydog

Reaction score
Hello,

I just started having a water leak by the front drivers side door. I noticed a wet spot on the floor right next to the door sill between the bottom of the a-pillar and the seat. There was also water sometimes on the plastic door sill itself when I would open the door which I found strange.

I have a sunroof so the first thing I check was the drain holes in the sun roof and they both tested fine when I carefully poured some water down them. Folks have mentioned drain holes in the doors but, I could not see any when I looked at them.

Advice on next steps?

mrford60

Full Access Members
Reaction score
get someone to sit in the car with a flash light and take a hose and run water on the outside start low and work your way up till they see water drip in.

B

bedrck46

check the hose that goes to the rear washer Not sure how it runs on your year but on other years it ran down the passenger side

PeteinGH

Reaction score
Any update on this?
I just notice I have the same issue with my 09 (water on the plastic floor trim). Took the door panel off and noticed the sound proofing material was wet. This was after a big rain storm. Will have to do a water test when not so busy.

PeteinGH

Reaction score
Sprayed my window with water from the hose and water is just pouring into my door. It looks like the outer rubber window seal is not in contact with the window. There is a felt strip beneath that the water is getting by also. Looking at all my windows, none of the rubber seal are touching the windows. They are all about 1/8" from the window glass.
Can someone confirm that this is normal?