Water Under (Only Water apparently) - Driver Side near Trans Crossmember

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Brandonian

Reaction score
Hi Again Ya'll - I've noticed for a bit after running the vehicle there's a small water puddle under the driver side by the trans crossmember. I jacked it up today - but by the time I did get it up to crawl my butt under there it looked like where it was dripping from had dissipated.

I've seen water there for a minute now (quite a few times, usually when the AC or Defrost has to run because if I recall Defrost has to use the AC System to circulate) - So I believe the water is from our higher humidity days more than anything.

So do we know what drain it is possibly causing it to pool there or is this just normal? Normally I see AC Condensate drains on the passenger side. But I haven't owned FORD in a bit so this may be where they stuck it. Also on a side note, normally seeing condensate water down doesn't concern me - but what did concern me is the burning smell it was giving off, and a slight bit of smoke/fog from whatever it was hitting that I saw come out of the hood on the passenger side when I got home and parked it (just a small plume) (It looks like it's hitting the stupid catalytic converter right there on the driver side which was just recently replaced).

It's thoroughly just water - I can rub my fingers all up in, and it's definitely not coolant, no idea what else would be clear and odorless and puddle up there :).

Any ideas? :) We are currently sitting at 52 degrees with 60% humidity, I have the cooling system on Auto. I'll have to try to remember to take it off auto and see if the puddle generates.

OP
OP
B

Brandonian

Reaction score
Ok - went for another drive, while sitting idle waiting for kids to get out I saw a small plume of white smoke exit passenger side of the hood, was a quick plume then gone. Interesting.

I think I have a very slight oil seep next to the alternator at the timing cover - have to wait until this weekend to dig a little further.

On another note - I noticed I'm missing the top hose on my throttle body - where does that one go lol?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waleedalmadani