What did you do to the expy today

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Transporter

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Went to the self-serve car wash today. Needed the high pressure spray wash to get all the mud off the truck from this weekend! My mileage is probably going to go up now!

Davidridd

Reaction score
Plasti-dipped my chrome rims since the were pitting. I think that they look much better. I also changed my spark plugs. I broke 4, but the 3v broken spark plug remover is a pretty slick tool for $80........ Now I don't get the check engine light when I step on it and it doesn't cut out like it is missing.

image.jpeg

ManUpOrShutUp

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I added 1/2 qt of oil today, which is what the truck has burned in 4,100 miles. I'm not particularly pleased with that, but Ford thinks it's just fine.

Transporter

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Every Ford I have ever owned burns some oil, especially after going over 125K miles. I have noticed that using full Synthetic after 5000 break-in miles has reduced how much they burn in the future (YMMV). And since I use the additional remote by-pass filters on all my vehicles only changing the oil every 35 to 50K miles, I always need to add oil between full changes or when filters are changed out (the extended range filter every 7500 miles and By-pass at 50K when oil is changed). The by-pass filter cleans down to 2 microns removing carbon and the particles that cause normal engine wear, in under one hour if driving, all 8 quarts are additionally 100% filtered by the by-pass filter plus being normally filtered by the regular extended range oil filter.

For those changing oil every 5000 to 7500, you should not notice as much oil burn as before one really needs to add oil its time to do a full change. This is why Ford says there is not an oil burning problem because a half quart every 4500 miles actually doesn't require adding any oil as before another half quart would be used, one would be changing their oil at 5000 or 7500 miles so the oil level would never drop to Add A Quart before doing a full change.

My 2003 company Expedition started using a quart every 3500 miles when it hit 300K miles, Ford said not to worry about it. When it hit 400K, it was using a quart every 2000 miles and Ford said it was time for a value job (I'm like its time for a rebuilt engine or new truck). Mid-2006 with 433K miles, a new 2006 Expedition solved the quart every 2000 mile issue!

ManUpOrShutUp

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I just talked to a guy with a 2000 VW Jetta that is burning 4 qts every 1,100 miles, so I know I'm not too bad off. My last Ford was only burning maybe 1/4 qt every 6,000 miles though with nearly 250K on the clock so perhaps it spoiled me. :D

Habbibie

Is it Christmas yet?
Reaction score
Yea the German three burn oil heavily. BMW's v8's burn an average one quart a week

Gruz7

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am currently trimming the bumper and then installing the 35s and pro comp wheels for the final time... Lol @ myself using the factory roadside Jack to do so

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Habbibie

Is it Christmas yet?
Reaction score
Nice. Now tint your tails/third brake lights and throw a smoked plate cover on

Transporter

Full Access Members
Reaction score
6ec3b8fcc342f3141a01f396fc4e0df1.jpg
Here she is finally sitting on all fours! Driving good just need to trim the fender liners a bit more and I'm good

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WOW, those look great! But aren't you required to first buy a Harbor Freight floor jack "BEFORE" you buy your big rims and tires?! ;)

Again really looks great! :)