What did you do to the expy today

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

toms89

technical advisor
Reaction score
I bought a 8$ temp gauge from Ebay and installed it by my throttle body so I can see my discharge temps. I bypassed my IC for a few more #'s a while back sinse its cold out and I wanted to see what my temps are. I took it around the block and at 44deg out side my cruze temps are in the 60's and at WOT the thing goes way up. not sure how high it goes because I dont think I ever went past 3 #'s.

My intake air temp sensor is relocated in the intake manifold with the lightning set up so I can monitor my intake temps with my sct.. :)

Generally about 30 deg above ambient but it will climb at closed throttle. The air being recirculated with no place to go tends to heat it up.. :(

northernexp

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Took apart the over head console today to remove the compass/temp display and soldered a few of the chips, I was happily surprised to find so many diy videos on YouTube it made the whole job possible because I wouldn't have figured out which parts to solder without the help of YouTube and some nice ppl that take the time to post those types of videos I had the whole job done in 20 mins and now I have a functioning display :)

01yellerCobra

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Just ordered new speakers. I need to pull the door panels to lube the windows. Figured I'd swap out the speakers while I'm there.

Misspelling brought to you by tapatalk

MoHawk

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Replaced the windshield wipers front and rear, and also picked up a replacement interior trim piece.

Stoned06

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Cleaned the throttle body after I got a P2104 error code and the Expy went into "Fail Safe Mode". Hopefully that was the problem or a new TB is in my future.

JRFog

Reaction score
Disconnected battery to reset the computer. Drove way to long with lean code due to manifold leak. Still rough idle, but better. Mechanic smoke tested and the intake manifold is apparently bad too.....

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

toms89

technical advisor
Reaction score
Cleaned the throttle body after I got a P2104 error code and the Expy went into "Fail Safe Mode". Hopefully that was the problem or a new TB is in my future.

After reading online about the issues some people were having with "throttle by wire" I am glad I have the old school mechanical throttle cable...

Stoned06

Full Access Members
Reaction score
After reading online about the issues some people were having with "throttle by wire" I am glad I have the old school mechanical throttle cable...

Yeah, it's not fool proof. I've had it go into fail safe mode a few times, and only once it was in a dangerous situation on the highway. Each and every time it was when I got out of the throttle. It lost power and I had to restart the car, then everything was fine.
This time the CEL stayed on, so I am trying the cleaning first. It was a little dirty, but not what I would call "gunked up". Still worth a try. What sucks is that you can't replace just the TPS or drive by wire part of the TB, but have to replace the unit as a whole.

superexpy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
My intake air temp sensor is relocated in the intake manifold with the lightning set up so I can monitor my intake temps with my sct.. :)

Generally about 30 deg above ambient but it will climb at closed throttle. The air being recirculated with no place to go tends to heat it up.. :(

I see that! at cruse my temps are around 90deg on a 40deg day. I dont recirculate my air. I have a blowoff that is open under vacuum. After seeing my temps my new project is trying to bring down my temps.