What did you do to the expy today

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Lightnig

Full Access Members
Reaction score
fixed the rear diff leak, was long over due.

1 gasket, some RTV, 3L synthetic lube (ouch, $75 just for the oil), 1 bottle friction mod, and good to go.

Now not only does it not leak any more, but that acursed off the line shudder is in the past.

yay

Next up, plugs and cops

alaskanexpy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I changed oil in my Expy and Excursion. Also cleaned the K&N filter in the Expy.

about 8,000 miles on that old oil, still looked decent.

20140709_174924_zps69sxkaxp.jpg
20140709_174916_zpsn1ukmuis.jpg
20140709_1845072_zps9ynjldty.jpg

ExpeditionAndy

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Replaced Air Suspension Compressor

On Friday, the dealer replaced my air suspension system compressor. It was leaking and would not pump up the front air bags. Driving it to the shop was fun because it looked like a low rider and it was like driving around on two basket balls. The weird part was that the back stayed aired up.

Now that the new compressor is in the front end sits up higher than it ever did since I've owned it.

All is right with the world again. :smile:

DF5.4

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Changed the oil and filter and washed it yesterday. Today went out to spread my dad's and stepmother's ashes on a stretch of road they loved riding their motorcycle on.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

01yellerCobra

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Technically it was yesterday, but my buddy and I welded on the muffler I bought from Solismo. It sounds sooooo much better now. The wife said the spund matches the truck now.

Misspelling brought to you by tapatalk

northernexp

Full Access Members
Reaction score
My coolant cross over pipe started leaking on the passenger side by the intake, I tried tightening the bolt by it and broke it, and the threads are in the block. I used a heli coil kit and a new bolt from ford to fix that problem.

I ended up having to pull the entire intake manifold to fix it, and other things came to my attention, the valve cover gaskets failed a very long time ago because the entire motor was covered in oil and dirt, looked like it must have been leaking for years.

Since I'm now committed with all the work allot of parts are being changed, I picked up 8 smp coils, NGK iridium's, intake gaskets, throttle body gaskets, fuel injector o rings, coolant crossover pipe gaskets, thermostat and gasket,and valve cover gaskets, all fel-pro. I also made 2 custom gaskets where the coolant Cris over pipe meets the block to make sure theres rno more leaks

I pressure washed the motor and the intake since everything's apart, I just need the passenger side valve cover off and then I can re assemble! uqatumer.jpg
7epuje8y.jpg
aruju9y2.jpg
6y5e4yvu.jpg

Last edited: