What did you do to the expy today

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GAINMOB

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I like it...i actually have one that's real cf... just waiting to put it on...i wanted to wait till it got painted but I might put on next week

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

whitelightning99

Full Access Members
Reaction score
What did u use to secure it on?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

I had to drill holes threw the hatch,yea i know right ? ugg ,but i did it just like the expedition that it was on and i don't mind, it's held on by 3 "fine tread phillips screws" along the top part of hatch lip an 1 on each side on the lower part.so altogether 5 holes The spoiler has brass insert/nuts glued in it from factory that made it for the screws to thread into. The lower part of the spoiler just holds on by studs with a plastic insert that you insert in the hole i drilled and once you press down on the spoiler the studs sort of lock into the inserts,BEING the way the hatch is made you can't screw or anything. i used a paint marker to paint all the holes i drilled and use plenty of silicone rtv. i think for 10.00 bucks was a good deal it's not cheap made either or aftermarket fits the roof curve nicely has the "ford" blue oval stamped into underneath it and says expedition air deflector, i googled part number but came up nothing says made in Canada too.and was already painted so i'll just keep it like that although there are scuffs and scratches oh well not and F giving

20170512_175043.jpg

20170512_175132.jpg

whitelightning99

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Today took out the factory sub woofer box/amp just for when i do find a nice aftermarket 8" sub to put in there i wont have to struggle with that dang nonsense one bolt that screws into the center of the magnet on stock woofer ,dumb they did that so if your reading this and want to swap subs be prepared to have to take side interior panel off to get to the 4 screws that hold the sub box in there took me almost hour to get out and put back in with already having 3rd row seat out and i didn't take panel out all the way just enough to get sub/amp box out

ManUpOrShutUp

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I changed the oil and air filter today. Sometime this month I need to check the compressor for the air horn, which failed this past winter.

bearss07

Reaction score
Made it to Myrtle Beach this past Sunday and back again today, 5 hour trip each way, plus some driving down there. Performed flawlessly, got 13.5-14 mpg the whole time.

Sent from my VS880 using Tapatalk

whitelightning99

Full Access Members
Reaction score
pulled a few coils and spark plugs out check them cleaned them re gaped plugs and reinstalled till i get money to change them to new ones