What did you do to the expy today

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ManUpOrShutUp

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I picked up a Gibson catback for my EL. I was considering it for awhile, but didn't think the price was worth it. I came across a great deal today that was just too good to pass up though.

Habbibie

Is it Christmas yet?
Reaction score
I'm happy to report that my 4x4 still works like a charm! Though I'm not gonna lie the A4WD switch is my "FUN" switch lol the 1 second or so delay from initial acceleration before the front wheels engage is fun... gets the truck a little sideways before straightening out and pulling out like a missle out of Hillary Clinton's ass (POWAAAAA)

20171229_150035.jpg

scoot0073

Full Access Members
Reaction score
OMG.... I found a picture of my rig B4 took it over.
WOW what a difference compare to now..lold92c12b94df25b0d5271cb454b9a0d9b.jpg18cd07fca4e4db6607898e6070ba69d0.jpg

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

acolic

Full Access Members
Reaction score
While driving back to the cottage in -31 Celsius weather I hit a patch of black ice and instantly the rear of the truck was moving down the road faster then the front. I ended in a ditch at a 45 degree angle and had to get towed out. That’s what I did today.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JExpedition07

That One Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
While driving back to the cottage in -31 Celsius weather I hit a patch of black ice and instantly the rear of the truck was moving down the road faster then the front. I ended in a ditch at a 45 degree angle and had to get towed out. That’s what I did today.

Sorry to hear that glad your ok

JExpedition07

That One Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm happy to report that my 4x4 still works like a charm! Though I'm not gonna lie the A4WD switch is my "FUN" switch lol the 1 second or so delay from initial acceleration before the front wheels engage is fun... gets the truck a little sideways before straightening out and pulling out like a missle out of Hillary Clinton's ass (POWAAAAA)

View attachment 22931

I got mine back from the dealer and they told me it’s manually in 4x4 until they get it fixed Tuesday when I bring it back since it’s snowing, they said not to crank the wheel on pavement

acolic

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Sorry to hear that glad your ok

Thanks

Need to read more about the difference between AWD and 4WD.

I was in AWD when I spun out.

I would have thought that the transfer case sensing I had lost traction would have sent power to all 4 wheels automatically.

LokiWolf

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Thanks

Need to read more about the difference between AWD and 4WD.

I was in AWD when I spun out.

I would have thought that the transfer case sensing I had lost traction would have sent power to all 4 wheels automatically.

AWD and A4WD are 2 completely different things.

The Expedition(at least 15-17) has A4WD, the dif has to engage which takes a several seconds for the front wheels to actually get power like was mentioned above.

It is not a true AWD System.

If in the Expedition you want traction to the front wheels right when you need it under Snowy conditions your are better putting it in to 4WD. Also, non of that would have helped you on ice...

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jefes_Shyt