What did you do to the expy today

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

balthisar

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I sold mine! I'm expecting a new one by the end of Feb. or first few weeks in March, so I put it up for sale Saturday, sold it Sunday, and closed the actual deal today. I hope I don't need any sheet goods from Home Depot before then.

ManUpOrShutUp

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Today was day 3 of a multi-day dash cam project. Ran the hardwire day 1, main cam day 2 and interior cam today. Most of the time spent is just planning/logistics. Last step is to install the rear cam, which is going to suck. I haven't looked back there yet to see what's involved in running the wire to the tailgate window.

ManUpOrShutUp

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Nothing done to her today, but I did pick up a cabinet and rolled over 200k.

IMG-1717.jpg

Hvunderground845

Reaction score

ManUpOrShutUp

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Finished install of my 3-cam dashcam setup. Routing the wire was much easier than anticipated with the exception of the rubber boot at the tailgate, which was a bit of a PITA.

IMG-1818.jpg

IMG-1820.jpg

Rmederos

Reaction score
My torque converter burned up around 160k and I replaced it. So this trans all ready had burned up TC crap in it and lasted another 50k miles lol. The 2007s 6R75 were prone to torque converter failure I replaced it with the 6R80 torque converter since it is a plug and play upgrade
Did you swap out the TC yourself? I'm thinking my TC is on its way out. Just wanted to know how difficult it is to change it.

JExpedition07

That One Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Did you swap out the TC yourself? I'm thinking my TC is on its way out. Just wanted to know how difficult it is to change it.
Yes, major PITA. The main issue is those top bell housing bolts are up on top of the trans that bolt into the engine. Got it but….man was it hard. The actual swap is easy as pie. Clicks right in. Flywheel bolts are self explanatory. You need someone with small hands for those top bell housing bolts. I kept the transfer case and trans together…which required 2 separate transmission jacks. But I literally could not get the T-case off with any combo of swivels and ratchets. Honestly it was not that hard to get back in as a whole. Start with the top two bolts because you need the back pitched down to get enough clearance to fit them into their holes.

JExpedition07

That One Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Did you trade or dump your expy and get a tahoe?
Expy will probably be going to junkyard, I don’t think I’m comfortable selling a problem vehicle even if advertised as such. It’s got a lot going wrong, rockers are rusting on top of half the windows not working, the trans problems, the engine rattles. It did a lot of towing the last 2 years and it had a nasty clunk when letting off the gas or shifting to reverse (U-joints?). Someone would have to sink 2-3 grand minimum into it to make it right. Putting money into a sinking ship that’s too far under water imo. Ended up deciding on a Suburban.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
geovanni