What Feature... do you love?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

lv2drive

Full Access Members
Reaction score
after reading @MxRacer965 's post about features we never use, i couldn't resist starting a sister thread...

what feature(s) do you love so much you could't bear to live without it?

ok, i'll start.

1. cooled seats. (do i need to explain further?)

2. did i say the cooled seats?

3. heated seats

4. heated steering wheel

5. the wiper heaters (because this winter kicked us in the face.. and because genius!)

6. remote start (especially because it activates #3, #4, & #5. as a bonus, i really love how easy it was to video the ridiculous startup noise from optimal angle outside the truck.)

7. collision warning sensors (come in handy a few times already with the pandemic-induced parking lot circus. seems to speak up pretty quickly when bogeys are comin' in hot, quite effective if i may say so.)

aggiegrad05

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Auto high beams and wipers

Massaging seats

Auto parallel park (but not the auto perpendicular park, I can back into a spot by myself much faster)

Heated steering wheel and heated/cooled seats

Adaptive cruise control

The keypad on the drivers side B-pillar

Hands free liftgate (even tho it’s a tad finicky, I have it pretty much figured out)

The fact that you can raise the rear window Independently of the liftgate

I’m sure there’s a couple others I’m missing...I’m a pretty big fan of the vehicle generally.

Last edited:

MxRacer965

Full Access Members
Reaction score
The list of items that I use frequently is pretty extensive. Adaptive cruise and heated steering wheel are probably my favorites though.

grumpyoleman

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Adaptive Cruise - thought I would hate it, but I have grown to love it.

Rear glass opening

Rear camera washer - never even knew about this until I came across it by accident.

OP
OP
lv2drive

lv2drive

Full Access Members
Reaction score
you plattys got me green with those massage seats.

had no idea about the rear camera washer - will check it out -

also cool to see how well-loved some of the other high trim options ours doesn’t have, in case we can upgrade, someday -

+1 on the pillar keypad. weve already managed to lock ourselves out a few times, what was a lifesaver.

+1 on the rear hatch glass. dog loves.

mwl001

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Bought my Expedition Max to tow, and it helped me not buy a full-size pickup which maybe eventually I'll need but happy to avoid that need for now, especially since my garage is JUST a little too short to hold a full size crew cab. So many features:

1. Backup assist - finally have this calibrated will try it next time out. As others have noted I do think it will be awesome when trying to track the trailer straight back.
2. Transmission - holds gear beautifully on steep descents. Diesel schmiesel.
3. BLIS - adjusts to having the trailer and works flawlessly.
4. Radar cruise - allows longer follow distance when attached to trailer.
5. Turn signal - automatically adds two blinks to the "tap the stalk" feature when changing lanes.

Thought I would miss the integrated trailer mirrors available on the F150 but I think those would have looked pretty ugly on the Expedition. Found some decent detachables so don't really miss that like I thought.

Calidad

Full Access Members
Reaction score
The cooled seats were a must after getting them in our 2016 Fusion Energi

Cooled seats should just be standard in all trucks especially work trim trucks lol

I haven’t driven our 2019 much due to Pandemic and a Buck that liked the grill a little too much at 890miles... That was a 6 week shop visit grrr. But damage was mainly just plastics headlights in and bent radiator/ intercooler. All fixed!!!

Perhaps my top favorite is mileage!!! I came from a 12-15mpg Sequoia the Exp has been a solid 17-23mpg rig and absolutely love that!!!

Fozzy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
EcoBoost, 9K towing and not driving the the Superduty as much.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FoMoCo_Stealth

Reaction score
Not a feature but I love that the Stealth Edition blacks out most of the chrome.

1: Rear glass opening, I can't stress enough how much my wife's explorer needs this. (hello ford, bring it back)

2: Car Play, my old truck didn't have it and since I listen to a lot of podcasts its helpful to have all that info on the screen.

3: Adaptive cruise, used to hate it now I love it.

4: **unpopular opinion alert ** Power running boards, my f-150 didn't have them and I love them. The sleek look of no boards but open the door and BAM board.

5: Front and Rear camera washers.

6: Auto parallel park, it just takes all the guessing out of it.