What to do when you need towing service?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ShaunHicks

Reaction score
what to do when your car break down and you need a tow truck, but there are 5 people on your car? could the tow truck sit all 5 people plus the mechanic? if i need a new car to continue my trip? what should i do??

please share your thoughts and experience, i just got my car.

Last edited by a moderator:

Sgt Darkness

Full Access Members
Reaction score
If it’s still under warranty, if so, that’s the answer to your question. If not then you can call Enterprise and have them bring you a vehicle while yours is being fixed. Most of the newer tow trucks will have room for 6. This is a “what if” question and may never happen but if it does you should have a plan in place to ensure your passengers get to the same location as your vehicle was towed. Welcome to the forum!!

99WhiteC5Coupe

Full Access Members
Reaction score
what to do when your car break down and you need a tow truck, but there are 5 people on your car? could the tow truck sit all 5 people plus the mechanic? if i need a new car to continue my trip? what should i do??

please share your thoughts and experience, i just got my car.

If you have five people on your car, I would promptly tell them to get off the car.

TobyU

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Luckily with smart phones now we can find stuff on the fly much easier.
In 1995 we were heading 13.5 hrs away on a trip with friends. We got 3.5 hours away and car started overheating.
After several stops and cool downs we got to an Autozone.
I had a cell phone but that was the days of per minute fees and high roaming and daily roaming fees AND no internet phone books.
Luckily we were not on side of road so gas station had phone book.

We found a rental car company right next door to autozone and opted to rent a minivan for week instead of replacing parts on car and hoping for best.
306.00 for a week in a 94 Aerostar with unlimited mileage.
Trip went fine and returned and limped car back home the 3.5 hour return with lots of water jugs filled up and 4 short cool off periods.
Ended up just being an old high mile radiator was clogged up a lot and not flowing enough to cool at highway speeds...fine around town and that's how it had been used for years.

Google is your friend and always take a booster pack or a phone charger battery bank in case you have car with charging probs.