Wheel Noise

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BoolFighta

Reaction score
My car is making this weird noise only when the wheels are moving sounding like it’s from the front driver side wheel almost like metal scraping together it speeds up and slows down depending on wheel speed I haven’t looked to hard just yet as the weather isn’t the greatest was wondering if anyone had any insight possibly

99WhiteC5Coupe

Full Access Members
Reaction score
My car is making this weird noise only when the wheels are moving sounding like it’s from the front driver side wheel almost like metal scraping together it speeds up and slows down depending on wheel speed I haven’t looked to hard just yet as the weather isn’t the greatest was wondering if anyone had any insight possibly

Does the sound occur when moving, but braking?

The brake caliper splash shield may be bent enough to scrape on the wheel or other component.

99WhiteC5Coupe

Full Access Members
Reaction score
When I brake it fades away but comes right back when I drive

You could have the brake pads friction material worn off, so the brake pad is just metal - rubbing on the brake caliper.

I would remove the wheel and inspect everything.