wheel spacers

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
I'm debating whether to get three inch wheel spacers or.whether I want to get two inches. Can anyone post pa pic of there expy if anyone has wheel spacers. Can anyone tell me some pos/neg about wheel spacers other than it wearing you struts out. Thanks alot for your help.

Thermo

technical advisor
Reaction score
Exi, I think you are mixing things up here. wheel spacers move the rim way from the brake rotors. Coil spring (aka, lift) spacers lift the tire away from the body.

As for pros and cons. The pro is that for little money, you can get a small amount of lift. The con, you are going to be more likely to max out the travel of your suspension, which is where damage can occur. If you are only staying on the street, this is quazi acceptable as I see it due to minimal amount of travel. This is really only a problem with the front end of the truck. If you are looking to go out 4x4ing, I wish you luck.

Also keep in mind that with the added spacer, you are putting the front end components at higher angles. Higher angles means the components are going to wear out faster and they are going to transfer more road noise to the inside of the truck.

If you do this modification, getting new shocks is highly recommended as I see it. that way, you are less likely to hurt something on the truck. I don't know if you have seen what a shock looks like that has been pulled on too hard, but it is not pretty. That is what you are going to end up doing if you keep the factory shocks on the truck. The next component to take the abuse will be the upper and lower ball joints on the front suspension. If one of those fail, I am sure you can imagine what is going to happen there.

I am not trying to scare you. Just trying to make you understand why things cost what they do. There is a reason why a lot of lift kits come with tons of new suspension parts that need to be added.

As for whether to do 2 or 3" spacers, if you only do 2's, you are going to wish you did 3's and either way, you are still pushing the suspension components to their limits. Just with the 3's, you are more likely to hurt something.

superexpy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Mabey he is making a drifting machine????? I got 2" spacers on mine because I didnt like how far my wheels sat in the fender. Now there flush with the finder and have had no problems since I did this 5yr ago. My poor beast has seem lots of burn outs and had some air time a couple times with know issue.