Where do they go???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

prwhitt2040

Reaction score
I’m a new owner of a used 2003 Ford Expedition XLT 4.6L. I purchased this because I’ve started an independent dog n pup rescue in my hometown. I needed something bigger to transport in. Anyway, the “alternator” was suppose to have went out and I paid someone to fix it. It took him three times to finally get it to “supposedly” start charging. The next morning I went out to start it and it was dead, dead. I put my booster box on it and it fired up but then died. I went n purchased a new alternator and belt and when I went to unplug the connector, he had cut my plug off and made some bogus contraption with Bobbie pins and I went and purchased a new plug but all the alternator connectors are plain black. Wires n all. So I’ve been to three different part stores and none of them could tell me where my wires go from my truck to the connector. So now I’m out of work till I can figure out how to hook these three wires to my alternator connection. My wires are the colors of brown n pink maybe. And light tan and neon green and dark orange and green strip. Light tan has neon green strip, Brown has pink strip. Can someone please tell me the order to connect these to the alternator connector? Thank you.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    103.3 KB · Views: 7
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    148.1 KB · Views: 7
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    192.9 KB · Views: 7
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    124.4 KB · Views: 7

Hamfisted

Full Access Members
Reaction score
That is sad.
I've attached the charging circuit wiring diagram below. See if you can figure out what you've got there.
Your Black/Org is already fastened to the alternator stud. The green wire is the middle wire on the plug.

Attachments

• 2003+ Expedition - Charging Circuit.pdf
    100.7 KB · Views: 1