Where to adjust drive modes?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

lead farmer

Reaction score
Bought the wife a 2019 limited with the 303a stealth package last weekend. I haven’t driven it much but I thought there was a button by the gear knob to select different drive modes but no such button is there. The 4x4 knob just looks like it only selects 2wd or 4wd. New to Ford so would like to learn a bit more about it as the wife just drives it as it sits.

I don’t even know if it has the CCD or not. We drove a 2020 platinum and I think it had a little softer ride than the one we took home. Not a bad ride but if I can select a softer setting, I’d like to know how.

Attaching a photo of the window sticker of that helps.

CD1D737E-EC5C-4ABE-AD9B-1BF00A8763EE.jpeg

Calidad

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Knob behind the gear knob on center console. Twist it and modes appear in dash display

Calidad

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Mine listed CCD in the top section of the model info on the window sticker. Guessing you don’t have CCD, heavy tow package, rear locking diff or 2spd transfer case. You have the 6000lb max tow package and the AWD system.

Its a good package value actually I looked at those.

dlcorbett

Full Access Members
Reaction score
You have ccd, its std with all 22s and any ltd trim over 302(302, 303, king ranch, plat).Sport mode for stiffer ride, eco mode for softer ride. Modes always default to normal upon startup with no way to default. I am now convinced that plattys ccds are tuned softer and smoother than ltds ccd

OP
OP
L

lead farmer

Reaction score
Mine listed CCD in the top section of the model info on the window sticker. Guessing you don’t have CCD, heavy tow package, rear locking diff or 2spd transfer case. You have the 6000lb max tow package and the AWD system.

Its a good package value actually I looked at those.

Ya, not concerned about towing or extreme off roaring with this vehicle. Just something reliable and nice to drive with the family.

I will say that this is my first experience with the EB motor. It’s.....different. Doesn’t really kick in quick like a v8. Once it gets spooled up it has plenty of power, it’s just different. The Infiniti QX we traded felt a little seat of the pants quicker but this isn’t bad. I’ve got a Challenger for that purpose anyways. Neck snapping torque that is.

OP
OP
L

lead farmer

Reaction score
f0b9fd50adb7887e6a56890301f74c02.jpg
Top knob is gear shifter, bottom is drive modes. Remember you are turning the icons. So it feels backwards to some people.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ours just has the 2H on the left front and 4A on the right front. No buttons behind the knob outside of the parking assist buttons. Guess I thought the dial only adjusted 2wd to 4wd.

nate6966

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Ya, not concerned about towing or extreme off roaring with this vehicle. Just something reliable and nice to drive with the family.

I will say that this is my first experience with the EB motor. It’s.....different. Doesn’t really kick in quick like a v8. Once it gets spooled up it has plenty of power, it’s just different. The Infiniti QX we traded felt a little seat of the pants quicker but this isn’t bad. I’ve got a Challenger for that purpose anyways. Neck snapping torque that is.
Twist that Drive Mode knob until your dashboard says "Sport" mode. Then press that gas pedal and the throttle response/ gear selection will deliver on the torque you'd expect from 470 ft-lbs (480 from the Platinum's tune)