Who has installed a cold air kit and why did you choose it?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Grey ghost

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I installed a vortec cold air kit.I had ordered an AFT kit with the twin filter for an F150 but one of the tubes didn't fit. So I went with the vorte it has a sealed box.which should keep the filter cleaner. It isn't obnoxiously noisy it does seem to have a little better part throttle respons i did remove the air vanes or whatever they are called as the looked to be restricting flow a bit.. I have it from a local tuner that a better flowing air intake on the eco boost is indeed worth some horsepower.as the factory air box isn't really as good as it could be..no suprise there.
If any of you have another set up I would be interested in your feed back.

16plati

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I installed a vortec cold air kit.I had ordered an AFT kit with the twin filter for an F150 but one of the tubes didn't fit. So I went with the vorte it has a sealed box.which should keep the filter cleaner. It isn't obnoxiously noisy it does seem to have a little better part throttle respons i did remove the air vanes or whatever they are called as the looked to be restricting flow a bit.. I have it from a local tuner that a better flowing air intake on the eco boost is indeed worth some horsepower.as the factory air box isn't really as good as it could be..no suprise there.
If any of you have another set up I would be interested in your feed back.
K&n on my 16. Airflow was my reason. I’m tuned and they corrected my PCM to show for added air to maximize the performance on this mod

Deadman

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I like the look of the Banks kit because its fully enclosed so you don't need to listen to the thing howl on a long trip. I guess I'm too old for this loud crap (39) lol! The car I just sold had headers, catless mid pipes, and a Corsa cat-back and I just got tired of the noise!

OP
OP
G

Grey ghost

Full Access Members
Reaction score
More than a naturally aspirated engine. And airflow is a bigger deal with forced induction

16plati

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I like the look of the Banks kit because its fully enclosed so you don't need to listen to the thing howl on a long trip. I guess I'm too old for this loud crap (39) lol! The car I just sold had headers, catless mid pipes, and a Corsa cat-back and I just got tired of the noise!
Banks won’t work on the expedition due to it having the air intake funnel Thts F-150 specific

duneslider

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I would be surprised if a CAI did anything unless you update the tune like 16plati did. My experience on multiple vehicles has shown that a CAI alone isn't going to make much, if any, difference and your money would be better spent on something else. I would probably suggest a tune long before a CAI.