WHOOOSH Sound Under Boost, Normal?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
bwhite8889

bwhite8889

Reaction score
Did it sound like a vacuum sucking air? That’s what mine sounds like
Yes. Mine was particularly loud in second gear. It was difficult to record the sound (I tried several times) because you could only really hear it from inside the car at high acceleration. There was simply too much white noise for an audio device to pick it up, but it was clear as day and came from the driver’s front side.

I also noticed that the turbo gauge on the heads up display would never go over around 35-40%. With a new turbo/hoses it boosts to 60-70%.

MetallicaGray

Reaction score
Yes. Mine was particularly loud in second gear. It was difficult to record the sound (I tried several times) because you could only really hear it from inside the car at high acceleration. There was simply too much white noise for an audio device to pick it up, but it was clear as day and came from the driver’s front side.

I also noticed that the turbo gauge on the heads up display would never go over around 35-40%. With a new turbo/hoses it boosts to 60-70%.
Mine is very pronounced. I will try to take video. I don’t see any turbo lag on the guage. It goes up to 100%

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tifanydire