Winch mount

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Hey, I have a new to me ex fire department 08 expedition that I had a couple questions on. I’m trying to find a brush guard/ winch mount for it that won’t completely break the bank. I’ve seen some references to a hidden mount system from rough country for the f-150 working on it. Also, would an f150 brush guard work or is it too different?

mjp2

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Brush guards tend to be for show and flimsy relative to the need of a winch mount. Winches must be mounted to the frame, so you're looking at either the hidden mount or a full steel front bumper. The hidden winch mount is the least expensive option and will keep the truck looking close to stock. A winch bumper will run you $1000-$2500 not including installation, then add the price of an appropriately-sized winch and associated wiring for installation.

OP
OP
R
Reaction score
Brush guards tend to be for show and flimsy relative to the need of a winch mount. Winches must be mounted to the frame, so you're looking at either the hidden mount or a full steel front bumper. The hidden winch mount is the least expensive option and will keep the truck looking close to stock. A winch bumper will run you $1000-$2500 not including installation, then add the price of an appropriately-sized winch and associated wiring for installation.
That’s my problem with most of the brush guards now. They aren’t good for much. Probably have to go with the 2008-2012 or so rough country hidden mount? Has anyone mounted one of those?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
M Bennett