Windshield Washer Fluid

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Status
Not open for further replies.

NorthGeorgia

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Hello,
Being 'new' to a Ford Expedition I don't know how to do some things.

A little 'icon' showed up on my dash (left side) indicating my windshield fluid was low? I guess the dealership forgot to fill the container; it took the whole gallon jug of solution. Anyway....the icon is still showing on my dash???

Do I need to do/go somewhere to get it to reset? or clear?

thanks

Bedrck47

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Well if its still under warranty and the "dealership forgot to fill the container"
I would take it to them and let them fix it

OP
OP
NorthGeorgia

NorthGeorgia

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Well if its still under warranty and the "dealership forgot to fill the container"
I would take it to them and let them fix it

So what you're saying is that since I filled the washer fluid tank the icon should have gone away?

OP
OP
NorthGeorgia

NorthGeorgia

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Well......I've gone back and found out I had not filled the tank after all???? I guess the fluid amount is 2 gallons or more!!!!! I have put in just shy of 2 gallons of fluid and still have not 'topped off' the tank yet??? Anyway the icon appears to have gone away now. Sooooo, I guess the problem was that I had not filled it far enough. Of course it makes me disappointed the dealership had not topped it off:(

ExpeditionAndy

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well......I've gone back and found out I had not filled the tank after all???? I guess the fluid amount is 2 gallons or more!!!!! I have put in just shy of 2 gallons of fluid and still have not 'topped off' the tank yet??? Anyway the icon appears to have gone away now. Sooooo, I guess the problem was that I had not filled it far enough. Of course it makes me disappointed the dealership had not topped it off:(
Most dealers will top you off at no charge. The next time that you are in the dealership let your salesman know that that your washer fluid jug was empty and that you had to put in over 2 gallons to fill it. Maybe they'll give you some free car wash coupons or, a discount on an upcoming oil change. I would definitely let them know that somebody didn't do their job.

Bedrck47

Full Access Members
Reaction score
That is funny You spend Thousands of dollars on a new expy and complain that you had to buy some washer fluid because the dealer didn't top it off

I wonder what you were do if you were on a road trip and maybe 500 miles from home and found you needed washer fluid

Would you turn around and take it to the dealer so he could top it off

Or maybe the dealer had it topped off and you just used it up and didn't realize that you were the cause of it being empty or maybe one of your kids were playing with the washers and caused it be near empty

How many miles are on the expy

Last edited:

Habbibie

Is it Christmas yet?
Reaction score
Well you beat me to it but I was gonna say the expy takes 2 gallons of washer fluid and the fact that you're complaining about it is more entertaining than watching an action movie directed by michael bay.

OP
OP
NorthGeorgia

NorthGeorgia

Full Access Members
Reaction score
That is funny You spend Thousands of dollars on a new expy and complain that you had to buy some washer fluid because the dealer didn't top it off

I wonder what you were do if you were on a road trip and maybe 500 miles from home and found you needed washer fluid

Would you turn around and take it to the dealer so he could top it off

Or maybe the dealer had it topped off and you just uswd it up and didn't realize that you were the cause of it being empty or maybe one of your kids were playing with the washers and caused it be near empty

How many miles are on the expy

My, aren't you the arrogant one.
My vehicle is not even a week old in ownership so no I did not use it up myself

You're not a very nice person so I request you keep your comments to yourself and if I happen to comment or make response you not bother 'assisting me'.

No, I'm not thin skinned; I just feel that comments likes yours are not appreciated by most of us......or so I think.

OP
OP
NorthGeorgia

NorthGeorgia

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Well you beat me to it but I was gonna say the expy takes 2 gallons of washer fluid and the fact that you're complaining about it is more entertaining than watching an action movie directed by michael bay.

Well, I guess I have been put in my place. I am a 'newbie' to being a Ford owner and totally not familiar to some of things about them. I may show some frustration in not knowing what or how is going on but am a tad taken aback by some finding it necessary to belittle me. But I guess there will be the 'good' and the 'bad' about one posting inquiries and hoping for helpful assistance.

Status
Not open for further replies.