Windshield Wiper De-Icers

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

nobrainer

Reaction score
I Have a 2019 Expy plat that I purchased back just before thanksgiving. I saw somewhere that it had windshield wiper de-icers but it hasn't really snowed or been cold enough to use them... until this week. It seems either mine doesn't have them or I don't know how to use them.

Can anybody confirm that the expy plats have that and if so, how do I use them? I looked in the manual but it didn't specify how to turn them on. I looked on the Tube of You and didn't see anything specific to the Expedition.

armoredsaint

Full Access Members
Reaction score
They're defrost lines just below the wipers and iirc it turns on when you defrost the rear and mirrors

nate6966

Full Access Members
Reaction score
They're defrost lines just below the wipers and iirc it turns on when you defrost the rear and mirrors
This is correct. I have a 2019 Platinum and that's exactly what's there and how they work

OP
OP
N

nobrainer

Reaction score
I didn't notice any lines or anything (assuming similar lines to the rear window defrosters?) on the windshield. Anyway, I will take a closer look, thank you both for the info!

Fozzy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
9b963491922babfcd0f50e5252838886.jpg
The lines under the Kentucky Truck Plant sticker. The wipers park on the lines and get defrosted.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

scottdm

Full Access Members
Reaction score
In theory the wipers "park" on the defrost lines, but Ford screwed up with their alignment of the wiper travel and resting position. My passenger's side wiper parks above the lines, but the driver's side does park on the lines. I pulled the passenger arm off and put it down one notch on the mounting post and it ended up sitting below the defrost lines. The other issues I've observed is that the passenger blade doesn't quite fully overlap the path of the driver's side wiper at the top of the windshield. I opted to adjust the passenger's side wiper up further to overlap the driver's side wiper path fully but of course this results in it parking above the wiper defrost lines. Seems like a pretty basic thing that Ford screwed up.

Fozzy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
My windshield has been totally iced over with that white hard frost in the morning. When I auto started it the wiper heaters have cleared up to the Truck Plant sticker well before the engine heat window defrosters started clearing the window. My passenger side is the same way. It parks between the sticker and the lines. They still do the job.

sjwhiteley

Full Access Members
Reaction score
My windshield has been totally iced over with that white hard frost in the morning. When I auto started it the wiper heaters have cleared up to the Truck Plant sticker well before the engine heat window defrosters started clearing the window. My passenger side is the same way. It parks between the sticker and the lines. They still do the job.

That’s exactly what I found. I was concerned about the passenger wiper park position (it’s just slop in the system) but it works fine, on the frosty couple of days we have had.

armoredsaint

Full Access Members
Reaction score
9b963491922babfcd0f50e5252838886.jpg
The lines under the Kentucky Truck Plant sticker. The wipers park on the lines and get defrosted.

My wipers aren’t aligned correctly to park under the lines, it sits just above it unfortunately.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jpwiseman