Winter tires and rims came in!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rancidlunchmeat

2019 XLT FX4
Reaction score
Hmm... Not what I would have gone with, I'd have gone with smaller wheels but it still looks good! What tires did you go with?

OP
OP
StealthyBulldog

StealthyBulldog

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Nice setup, what tire did you go with?

Thanks! The Nokian Hakkapeliitta R3 SUV 275/55R20

Hmm... Not what I would have gone with, I'd have gone with smaller wheels but it still looks good! What tires did you go with?

I agree, wanted 18's, but the wife liked the look of these Asanti rims better than the 18's we found, and the smallest they came in was 20". We figured up here in Canada we have them on for probably 5-6 months of the year, might as well get something you like! :) Thanks!

LG_123

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Let us know what kind of difference you feel driving on the road. I’ve always been of the opinion that winter tires won’t make enough difference to justify the expense with regular city/highway driving on a vehicle this heavy.

scottdm

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Let us know what kind of difference you feel driving on the road. I’ve always been of the opinion that winter tires won’t make enough difference to justify the expense with regular city/highway driving on a vehicle this heavy.

I also have the Nokia’s Hakkapeliitta R3 SUV in the same size and they make a big difference on snowy/icy roads vs my Michelin LTX M/S summer tires. Next set I may go with one size narrower since the front tires float more than I’d prefer vs digging in heavy slush, etc.

JExpedition07

That One Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I also have the Nokia’s Hakkapeliitta R3 SUV in the same size and they make a big difference on snowy/icy roads vs my Michelin LTX M/S summer tires. Next set I may go with one size narrower since the front tires float more than I’d prefer vs digging in heavy slush, etc.

Oh great, I just had new Michelin MS/2 255/70/R18s put on my EL this week. Are the M/S 2 better than M/S? I was told they are all seasons. So far I love them.

138B0754-238A-48CD-BF2E-CE650CF3B9CF.jpeg

Deadman

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Snow tires suck on dry roads, but they are worth every penny on snow and slush. On dry roads aggressive snow tires howl, squirm, etc, I've had aggressive snows on all my cars for years, but this year I decided to try my factory slicks and see how painful it really is. lol

OrangeWhipX3

Reaction score

Makes a huge difference. Whether there's value in that depends on how much snow you get and how long winter lasts where you live.

I'll tell you this ... I'd rather drive my Continental with snows on it in hardpack, slush and snotty wet snow. The only time I'd pick a truck or SUV with all-seasons over it is if snow is accumulating very fast and ground clearance becomes an issue.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Goff69