Wiper Issues

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Nikko84

Reaction score
I have a 03 XLT 5.4L. The front wipers work great, however the rear wipers and front/rear sprayer does not......at all. Any ideas?

BigRed2004

Reaction score
Have you started with checking the fuses? And by rear wiper not working what do you mean specifically? Does the motor run but the blade stay stationary? Does the motor not engage at all? Do the sprayers have a filled reservoir to pull from? Not enough info is currently available to assist beyond asking questions first.

Hamfisted

Full Access Members
Reaction score
There's just the one washer pump for both front and back spray washers. It's located there in the reservoir. If you don't know how old it is, or don't care to test it you can just replace it to eliminate that as a culprit. Other than that there's the fuses ( #1 , #38, #113 ) to check. Then there's the washer relays, which are located on the circuit boards of each wiper motor and non-serviceable. You'd have to replace the wiper motors to replace those relays.

OP
OP
Nikko84

Nikko84

Reaction score
The tank is full, the front wipers work. Rear wipers don't, meaning the motor. They don't move. The sprayer for both front and rear window doesn't spray. I haven't checked the washer pump yet. I'll do that this weekend. It's a $30 dollar part and I have a gift card for Advance Auto. I have checked a couple of fuses. I did replace the fuse box, wiper/sprayers didn't work before that either, so I assumed that the fuses would have been good. I had a relay that kept burning out causing the truck not to start. With winter, I'd like to get that working.