wireless Android auto adapter

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CamMO

Reaction score
I'm considering purchasing this wireless AA adapter https://a.co/d/6HE7RJo

does anyone know, on a 2019, is there an available usb plug on the apim or somewhere behind the dash i can use instead of always taking up one of the usb plugs by the wireless charging pad? think it would be a much cleaner install if I could hide the adapter behind the dash...

LokiWolf

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
There is not that I am aware of. If there is it is a service port, and will most likely not work for what you are intending. Also, based on my experience with about 10 of these adapters, it needs to be within relative arms reach, because you will need to reset it periodically to fix a connection issue. Kinda hard to power the car down while driving down the road, because a reboot of the APIM will not remove power.

bbenz3

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I have that model in my F150 with aftermarket head unit. It works great. To semi hide the unit I used a 90 degree USB extension cable about 3 inches long to tuck the device into a cubby. I have not had to fully reset it but have disconnected it a couple times to troubleshoot an issue.

tmobes

Reaction score
I've been using the AAWireless dongle in my 2018 Platinum and I love it. Seamless connection 99% of the time. I have had to unplug it a couple times to get things synced, but that really only happens when I get into the car and my phone's bluetooth isn't on, so turning on bluetooth then unplugging and plugging back in the dongle helps force it to search for the connection again, and you can do it without taking your eyes off the road.

I do wish there was an option for having the dongle in the arm rest, but it's too difficult for me to get my phone on to the wireless charger anyway so I keep the dongle, sunglss cleaner, hand sanitizer, and a few other small things in there and just keep the slider lid closed. If I need to charge my phone I've got a cord plugged into the center console that's easy enough to snag..