Installed a Motorola MA1 Wireless Car Adapter for Android Auto

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mr Big

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I thought I would share this in case others were thinking about adding wireless Android Auto to their Sync 3.* system.
I looked at many wireless Android Auto devices and read many reviews. I chose and installed a Motorola MA1 Wireless Car Adapter for Android Auto, because I've dealt with Motorola products for years, and valued their quality.
It took me all of 5 minutes to set it up, connect it to the vehicle and setup the 5g ac wireless to my Samsung phone.
When I press start it connects really fast. I took a 1 1/2-hour trip and my battery dropped about 5% with no heat on the phone as some others have mentioned. I left it in my pocket and did NOT try setting it on the wireless charging pad. So, I don't know whether that will cause the phone to heat up.
I found the results to be fantastic to say the least. My Google maps never disconnects and works fast and flawless.
I was waiting for a lot of fluttering and lag with streaming music. I was surprised to find my Amazon Music, set up for the max fidelity Ultra HD, streams with no lag, no stalls or skips and has a super quality sound, that is way better than satellite radio.
Other streaming music performs the same.
There are many Wireless Android devices to choose from. And I'm sure some will perform as well as this one.
I don't recommend getting one if you plan to use it on several hour trips, as it will drain the battery. I plug my phone in, for those trips. But it is fantastic for the local day driving, because you just keep the phone in your pocket and don't have to keep plugging it in to go somewhere, disconnect it and then plug it in again to go home.

Last edited:

5280tunage

Full Access Members
Reaction score
thanks for the review. I've debated doing something like this but so far I've managed to make the wired work when needed.

duneslider

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I am not finding an SP1 listed? Do you have a link? I see a MA1 that seems similar/same as what you describe.

OP
OP
Mr Big

Mr Big

Full Access Members
Reaction score
thanks for the review. I've debated doing something like this but so far I've managed to make the wired work when needed.
It's a game changer for me as I drive a lot of short trips and always had to plug in if I wanted to listen to my music, podcasts, etc.
Now I just jump in and go. Small price for the convenience.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tifanydire