XM antennae at radio

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dbzzzz

Reaction score
Apologize if this is a repeat but I couldn’t find it anywhere. I placed a new stereo head unit in my 08 expedition. And I don’t want to run a separate Sirius antenna, but there is no sirius antenna connected to the back of the head unit, so wondering if someone knows if it is one of the wires in the OEM harness that is the Sirius antenna connection? Then I’ll just splice the antenna wire from the new Sirius tuner that attaches to the back of the head unit So it can work off the OEM Sirius antennae.( Has anyone done that?) thanks for any insight.

Mark Buckner

Reaction score
Apologize if this is a repeat but I couldn’t find it anywhere. I placed a new stereo head unit in my 08 expedition. And I don’t want to run a separate Sirius antenna, but there is no sirius antenna connected to the back of the head unit, so wondering if someone knows if it is one of the wires in the OEM harness that is the Sirius antenna connection? Then I’ll just splice the antenna wire from the new Sirius tuner that attaches to the back of the head unit So it can work off the OEM Sirius antennae.( Has anyone done that?) thanks for any insight.
Dbzzzz,

How did you resolve this issue? I am running into a similar issue. My OEM radio has Sirius and Navigation and apparently gets the signals for both Sirius and GPS from the same antenna but splits them at some point. I'm hoping to retain the use of that antenna and not have another antenna and exposed wire on my roof. Thanks much!