Phone keeps disconnecting!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

iamhollyb

Reaction score
My phone worked great with my 2014 King Ranch edition until this morning. Took a call from my husband on the way to my daughter's school, she hopped out with her iPod touch and disconnected it from my truck (Bluetooth) and the very next call I took wouldn't work with my Sync. I have an iPhone 6 and have never had this problem before.

I have turned the truck off and on, deleted the device a few times, turned Bluetooth off and on, done some kind of reboot, and it will connect for a second then I get "Bluetooth disconnected" and "no paired phone found" before it disconnects again.

Help?!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
I

iamhollyb

Reaction score
Also, I can still play podcasts from my phone through the stereo, which seems weird to me. Just no phone service.

FordIVTteam

Reaction score

stamp11127

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I'm impressed with the blue oval team. This is the first time they have responded with a real "how to" instead of take it to your local dealer.
5 "Ata boys" for them!

FisherPete

Full Access Members
Reaction score
After several years of flawless blue tooth connection, my Droid Maxx has been having trouble over the last couple weeks. It only pairs about 1/2 the time. It's great to have some tips to see if I can improve it. Typically I don't notice that I'm not paired until the phone rings and isn't coming through the SYNC. I'm going to try a clean pairing and if that doesn't help I'll try the Master Reset. Frustrating that it's intermittent, but whaddya do?

OP
OP
I

iamhollyb

Reaction score
Well shoot. I turned everything off (phone, car) and let it sit for a bit then turned it all back on. Turned Bluetooth off and back on. Tried to delete my phone from my Sync, and it just won't go away. Performed a Master Reset and my phone still shows up.

I deleted Sync from my phone and then re-connected it. And it worked for a few seconds. Then it disconnects again on the Expy side and says no paired phones found. Ugh.

dlcorbett

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I had the same problem with my truck. I didnt know what to do as i turned off my phone and all but nothin worked. What i did was disconnect all bt devices. I then cleaned my cache to my phone and did a hard reset on it, do not just turn the phone on and off as the hard reset updates your phone, not the powering off of the phone. My phone was a bit older so it needed to be done anyway but a hard reset needs to be done on all phones atleast once per wk. After that i connected again and since have not had a repeat problem.

OP
OP
I

iamhollyb

Reaction score
I can't get my truck to delete my phone. I got it to delete my daughter's iPod. But my phone continues to show up. And by hard reset on the phone, do you mean the power and front button at the same time until it restarts?

k9education

Full Access Members
Reaction score
My phone was a bit older so it needed to be done anyway but a hard reset needs to be done on all phones atleast once per wk.

It never hurts to do a hard reset and sometimes it's necessary, but if you have to do it that often there's another issue with the phone. I do a hard reset on my iPhone 5S once every 1-2 months and have no issues with it in the interim.

Anyway, +1 on the hard reset for this particular issue. Remove the device, shut the vehicle off, hard reset the phone, and try to re-add it.