popping interior lights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GAINMOB

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
so i got my LED interior lights in...now the question is how to pop the lenses off so i can switch them...are they difficult? easy to break? anything to be careful of?

ELVATO

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
There's small notch at the edge of the clear lens for a small flat head.

Granted, lately, I've just found it easier to just pull the whole assembly out, and stick a screw driver through the back to pop the lens off.

What LEDs did you end up going with?

panda24619

Full Access Members
Reaction score
i want to do leds on my interior lights, licence plate lights, and dash lights. should be good! i just dont know squat about leds and which ones go where! too damn confusing. i rather stick to what i know and ask experts... SO! which ones?! haha

tallsville

Full Access Members
Reaction score
as elvato said there are small slots for a screwdriver. be careful with the lights up front. i broke one of the prongs off.

WHOISMOOTOO

Full Access Members
Reaction score
for the console (assuming you dont have a sunroof) just pull down firmly, disconnect all the wires i think its like 5 plugs then there is 2 torx screws holding the 2 "map lights" in place unscrew them and replace bulbs (very simple) then pop it back together and your done, as far as the middle row i just pulled and wiggled them out (the entire housing) there just attached to the headliner with a metal bracket thats mounted to the headliner, unplug and replace (you might need a flat head there are spring clips that hold the bulb in place) then the 3rd row is the easiest just pop off the cover and it uses the same spring clips as the 2nd row and replace cover. now if you did the fold down visor mirror lights i cant help you there havent done those yet...hit me up if you want pics

OP
OP
GAINMOB

GAINMOB

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I just finished with all interior lights. Visor, map, 2nd row, and 3rd row....next will be the courteuos lights on da mirros and da license plate. What do they use?

OP
OP
GAINMOB

GAINMOB

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well i just used my t10 light bulb. Put 2 in my license plate. They were da same ones that went into the map light. I guess those r used in da mirrors too. I'll have 2 buy 2 more. So as oc right now i only have da mirrors, glove box, and instrument cluster bulbs left. According to f150.com, if u put LEDs in da cluster it will be blue instead of green