Overdrive Button Not Working

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ajpjeep

Reaction score
Recently bought a 2007 Expedition EL. The overdrive worked great when I first bought it. However, now when I push the OD button, nothing happens. Does anyone know if there is a fuse for this or maybe if my button has gone out or something other than that? Thanks for any help / ideas anyone can give me!

B

bedrck46

there does not appear to be a fuse in that part of the circuit you may want to pull the push button and test it with a ohm meter

OP
OP
A

ajpjeep

Reaction score
Thanks. I'll give that a shot. I've looked all over the web on how to get that button out and or the center shifter apart. I hate to break stuff off, you have any ideas or links on where it might show me how to get that button out.

Thanks for the help!

B

bedrck46

you may be able to test it at a connector I'll look up some prints and get back to you shortly

B

bedrck46

there is a connector located behind the dash on the passenger side which is C210 You may see the cable marked 12A581 or 14401 Look at attached and hook a test meter from pin #4 to ground . Disconnect the harness and on the side that goes back to the shifter is where you want to test. Then press the OD button to see if you get continuity

Last edited by a moderator:
B

bedrck46

also you may want to get a

Ford workshop manual on DVD. Can be obtained from seller "morpheousking" on e-bay. Cost about $10.00 Much better than Clymer, Haynes or Chilton and also includes wiring diagrams

Don't waste your money on a Clymer, Haynes or Chilton Manual.
It is well worth the $10.00 just make sure you get the DVD for your year as the seller has different DVD's for different years

FordandPolaris

Full Access Members
Reaction score
also you may want to get a

Ford workshop manual on DVD. Can be obtained from seller "morpheousking" on e-bay. Cost about $10.00 Much better than Clymer, Haynes or Chilton and also includes wiring diagrams

Don't waste your money on a Clymer, Haynes or Chilton Manual.
It is well worth the $10.00 just make sure you get the DVD for your year as the seller has different DVD's for different years

Haha you must just copy paste this thing. I feel like I read this paragraph a few times a week and can never remember if it was an old post or not...

B

bedrck46

Haha you must just copy paste this thing. I feel like I read this paragraph a few times a week and can never remember if it was an old post or not...

just trying to pass along some good information to those that need help. It kind of takes the guess work out of some of the post I see on here and yes it is copy and past saves me typing all the time just like people copy and past links and pics etc but I did find a good one today to copy and paste and if you are having trouble trying to remember just think where your mind will be when you hit my age. I just wish I was getting a kick back for pushing his manuals and again I find them to be well worth the money as they pertain to the right model and year

"Those of you who think you know it all are very annoying to those of us who do."

and that's why I have the manuals as I am far from being a know it all But with the manuals I am passing on the correct information and not just guessing

FordandPolaris

Full Access Members
Reaction score
just trying to pass along some good information to those that need help. It kind of takes the guess work out of some of the post I see on here and yes it is copy and past saves me typing all the time just like people copy and past links and pics etc but I did find a good one today to copy and paste and if you are having trouble trying to remember just think where your mind will be when you hit my age. I just wish I was getting a kick back for pushing his manuals and again I find them to be well worth the money as they pertain to the right model and year

"Those of you who think you know it all are very annoying to those of us who do."

and that's why I have the manuals as I am far from being a know it all But with the manuals I am passing on the correct information and not just guessing

No I wasn't trying to say you shouldn't push the guy's manuals. It just made me chuckle cause it would keep popping up and it sounded so familiar.

I too don't claim to know everything and appreciate when you post electrical diagrams, things to check, etc.