“Thunder” 1998 Expedition Build Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
MISTERgadget

MISTERgadget

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Any chance we could get some dimensions of the panhard bar or maybe the guy who made yours could make more. Maybe a little mini run if enough people were interested. Really want to run the TA cover as a lot of the others leave something to be desired but dont really know any shops around here that could make such a nice solution to the pqnharf bar not fitting with it.

+1, first alternative to stock i've seen, mine is shot/rusted out & bet tons more out there,

Danny Fernandez at South Florida Muscle Cars built the panhard and actually has a jig/template with the measurements if anyone wants one made.

southfloridamusclecars.com
Address: 9100 NW 119th St #1, Hialeah, FL 33018
Phone: (786) 616-8959

OP
OP
MISTERgadget

MISTERgadget

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Great idea two questions since you’ve inspired a winter project.

1. What year/model of Navigator?

2. Are the seats in the exact same location as the bucket seats? I am just wondering if you had to reposition any of the seatbelt parts?

Great idea.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They're out of a 99-02 Navigator, same location, everything. The seats have the buckles on them and the factory seatbelts snap right in.

5starChad

Reaction score
Danny Fernandez at South Florida Muscle Cars built the panhard and actually has a jig/template with the measurements if anyone wants one made.

southfloridamusclecars.com
Address: 9100 NW 119th St #1, Hialeah, FL 33018
Phone: (786) 616-8959

Sweet! Thanks so much man. Gorgeous piece. I'll get in contact with him. What are your plans for the fuel pump? Going with the lightning dual setup with 255s? Talked to JJ at Woodbine who is going to do the tune for me and he suggested I go with a single 340 for my build which will only see mild mods on a stock L block. Any idea of the wiring for the expy is gonna work with that pump or will I need to get wiring for the lightning? Can't find much information.

Tjhoward84

Reaction score
+1, first alternative to stock i've seen, mine is shot/rusted out & bet tons more out there,

nice touch also for ease of diff cover removal
b395beb52ed6d3691681afd09e61ce282a7a3459.JPG
e3e566beb84f8221547797ec26969504338f9a95.JPG
I see the OEM panhard bar has the point for the rear air suspension. The new panhard bar pictured does not have this point. For those of us that will be keeping our rear (or 4 corner air suspension on the 4WD Expys), can this piece be put on the new panhard bar?

98eb5.4

Full Access Members
Reaction score
OP
OP
MISTERgadget

MISTERgadget

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I owe you guys an update bigtime!!!

We moved to a new house in December so that has been where most of my time and energy has gone the last few months. I did get to the Expy again in April and gave her the full spa treatment and some new mirrors, I'll get that up ASAP!