00' won't go into 4x4 Low

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ks10308

Reaction score
Hi all, I have a 200 Ford Expedition 4.6. I recently got a lot of stuff changed on the car, driveshaft, suspension bridges, new front end suspension, etc etc. But there does seem to be a bit of a problem. My car has 141K and I can tell the transmission will need to be replaced before 200K, but heres the problem. A couple years back, I started the car up and it went into 4Low, tried everything, neutral, park but no, stayed at Low, drove home (slowly of course) and left the car alone. I came back to it a couple days later and it was fine, but I dare wouldnt touch the Low switch. Ok so every once in a blue moon, 4 high would turn on by itself like at a stop sign or traffic light, I would switch it back to awd and and of problem. However, i tried switching to 4 low again and it wouldnt engage. I know 4 high and awd work fine. What can be the problem? any ideas? Thanks!

B

bedrck46

may be the brake position switch make sure you have the expy in neutral and your foot on the brake

B

bedrck46

other possibilities would be Transfer case shift relay or selector switch

B

bedrck46

can you read and understand electrical prints if so I can send you a copy of the prints

B

bedrck46

problem
The Vehicle Does Not Shift Between 4WD HIGH and 4WD LOW Modes Properly

possible solutions
4WD mode switch/circuitry.
CJB Fuse 23 (10A) and 20 (5A).
OSS sensor.
BPP switch.
Transfer case shift relays.
Transfer case mechanism.
CJB.
GEM.
DTR sensor.

B

bedrck46

your problem also could be a bad shift motor.
before you change the shift motor check out the elect. circuit

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thegerb50