'01 - 5.4L V8 Radiator Question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CharlesUSMC

Reaction score
Just looked at my radiator and it looks like the one of the radiator ends has separated from the core. With water leaking out of it very quickly, I assume the only option now is to replace it.

Looking online i found this one:
http://www.genesisautoparts.com/radiator-ford-expedition-2001-5.4l_v8_330.htm

I think I need the radiator that says "Two Rows" since my radiator has a second row for transmission cooling?

If this is the correct radiator I need to order it, but want to make sure its the right one first.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Thermo

technical advisor
Reaction score
Charles, when a radiator is listed as being a "2 row" radiator, if you look internal to the radiator, you will see that it has 2 columns running vertically (1 in front of the other). It isn't that you have a tranny cooler in the bottom or anything like that.

As for replacing it, it is pretty straight forward. The big thing is that you will need to remove the mechanical fan and get that out of the way to give yourself room to work. After that, it is pretty straight forward replacement.

I take it you are in the Hampton Roads area. There are a few members down that way that might be able to help you out too.

OP
OP
C

CharlesUSMC

Reaction score
I have attached photos of the engine. It looks like "2 Row" as there are two notches along the topside of the radiator. Also the site says that the two row radiators are 2-1/4" thick, while the 1 row is only 1" thick. Mine is clearly more than 1" thick so I am going to go ahead and order the 2 Row part.

Ill let you know how it goes.

Attachments

• IMG_20120205_110942.jpg
    IMG_20120205_110942.jpg
    89.3 KB · Views: 125
  • IMG_20120205_111014.jpg
    IMG_20120205_111014.jpg
    86.9 KB · Views: 366