01 expedition from up north

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
northernexp

northernexp

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Thanks for the comments, I installed the intake last night, I couldn't wait for the morning lol.
qesu2yma.jpg

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

OP
OP
northernexp

northernexp

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I went for a short drive after I installed it and I honestly say the butt dyno didn't read any gains lol, I noticed throttle response was a bit quicker but there isn't much audible difference, and I had ak&n drop in filter before I threw on the volant so I can't say what the intake is like over a100% stock system.... The factory intake is also designed very well considering the cool air intake is almost the exact same design as the stock system so I guess it shouldn't be a surprise that there aren't any noticeable gains in power. All in all I'm happy with the quality and the fact that it has an air box I can run this intake all year and not have to put the stock system on in the fall, I'll get a chance to drive more today to get an idea what the intake is like in daily city driving conditions.

OP
OP
northernexp

northernexp

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Snapped a cpl pics since the last time I took some... I found a cloud rider grill insert and 2wd f150 front mud guards to match the expedition rears I found on my last junk yard trip, put on some cheap window visors and painted the center caps. I took acpl with the clear corners on and a cpl with the painted oem corners on.
a2ehe3av.jpg
ahypurub.jpg
3ysa6uby.jpg
uheqape7.jpg

OP
OP
northernexp

northernexp

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Clear corners or amber corners? Idk which ones I like...

1ATony

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Welcome to the site. It's great to have you here.

Tony

OP
OP
northernexp

northernexp

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Thanks fur the welcome 1atony! I have been really enjoying my expedition since buying it, if she holds up to winter in the sorting I will get alevelling kit and new wheels/tires hopefully an exhaust and a cpl headers and some tint for the front windows.

OP
OP
northernexp

northernexp

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I bid farewell to the side moldings, boredom and me with the truck = something done to the truck lol.

uze5ezuq.jpg