01 Expedition third brake light

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Pclaythomas

Reaction score
Guys,
Has anyone tried to replace the 3rd brake light? Mine has cracks and is letting water in and killing my bulbs.
I researched them and found a few on ebay and amazon. Bought one from Carid on ebay and it doesn't fit at all. The new one is led and doesn't fit in the hole. Of course, it was only $40.00
I looked some more and the ones that do fit are $200 plus!!!!
Any ideas out there?

uscgmac

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I replaced mine last year. Got a used one on eBay from a auto part supplier/ junk yard. OEM used for about 50.00 in good condition and they threw in new bulbs. I tired the other route and bought one of those cheap eBay led ones, when it arrived it was already cracked. Returned it for a refund. The aftermarket ones are crap.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

1955moose

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I agree with uscg, get an OEM one. Wrecking yards have them up the *****. One point I would make, don't put in Sylvania or other aftermarket bulbs. I did that about 2 years back with Sylvania long life red pack bulbs. Both burned out less than 2 months later. Ooh I was pissed, went to Ford, same price, for Ford #912 bulbs, 2 years later both going strong. Aftermarket bulbs suck! At least the #912 bulbs do.

Sent from my N9131 using Tapatalk

1955moose

Full Access Members
Reaction score
He's near Atlanta, I looked theirs 2 or more self pull places in Fulton county. That's the cheapest way, it's only a few #2 Phillips screws, and off it comes.

Sent from my N9131 using Tapatalk