04 5.4L Exhaust

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Hey everybody, I just got an 04 Eddie Bauer last weekend and have since put 33" Coopher AT3's on it a leveling kit, and removed the running boards, now its time for an exhaust. I've always straight piped my jeeps but I don't want anything that loud or annoying on the highway this time. So my question is, what's a good muffler that isn't too loud and doesn't have a lot of drone? Thanks in advance!

Expedition907

Full Access Members
Reaction score
go to CARiD.com - Car Accessories & Parts and go to their performance area and check out exhaust. on their site, they have 2 options for the Expedition other than mufflers. I had the Force II catback for awhile. The Force II has the 50HD big block, I replaced that with a super 40 after a year. their other choice is the Magnaflow catback. here is my current set up https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LhJCgE38g38

Expedition907

Full Access Members
Reaction score
im sorry, they have 4 options for catbacks. flowmaster force II, magnaflow street series, cgs, and the Gibson catback

69Hcode

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I might order the CGS kit next payday. For the price, if I don't like the sound I can still get another muffler. Anyone here have a CGS kit installed. I don't want drone on the highway.

sk8ordie

Full Access Members
Reaction score
i like my Flow Tech Afterburner muffler. i originally bought a Flowmaster 40 but the drone was ridiculous. i ripped the flowmaster out and installed the flowtech. much happier and i think it sounds more like a muscle car than the flowmaster did. both setups were just muffler swaps.

tallsville

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Sorry dont know why my first video isn't working on this site.

OP
OP
C
Reaction score
Thanks guys, I ended up going with a Flowmaster 40 and a nice shiny 3" tip. It sounds great, not too loud but you can hear it. Sorry it took so long to reply I've been in Mississippi with work building decks for FEMA