04 Ford expedition, Tpms issues 5.4 4x4

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

collazoscesar

Reaction score
Truck got a tpms sensor failure after hitting a pot hole on left front driver side.
Some air leaked out from valve. I decided too changed the sensor And purchased a new motorcraft replacement sensor.
I installed it but when I'm starting the programming process lcd says program front left tire, I go too tire and use the programming magnet on stem nothing happens. I've changed them before in the rear with no issues. Do you think I got a bad sensor, the tire is inflated to proper psi. Am I able to skip that tire and continue too program the other tires. Could it be something wrong internally and not the new sensor.
Thanks in advance for your advice.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

Bedrck47

Full Access Members
Reaction score
First Are you sure you got the correct sensor?

Second Have you checked the message center for any information saying a tire pressure fault If the message center is not reporting a fault I would then let some air out of the tire and see if it shows a fault If it does then re inflate the tire and see if the fault clears.

But very possible you may have received a bad sensor Maybe a NEW OLD stock that has a bad battery

OP
OP
C

collazoscesar

Reaction score
Hey Bedrcj47
Yes, message center does have a tire pressure sensor fault message. I'm thinking the same thing possibly a dead battery in new sensor. I bought the identical replacement from rock auto, I might have to send it back. I can't think of any other resolution. Thanks

Bedrck47

Full Access Members
Reaction score
How long did you hold the magnet at the valve stem. Maybe not long enough?

Or being that is the first sensor you could try switching the left and right tires just to see if it may program in a different location. Sorry just guessing at this point.

Bedrck47

Full Access Members
Reaction score
keep me posted Don't know if it really makes a difference as to what is programed first

try LR RR RF LF

46L281GT

Full Access Members
Reaction score
When i bought my truck all 4 of mine were missing and i replaced them with ones from rockauto. after a lot of trial and error i found that the aftermarket sensors use a change in tire pressure to train them instead of a magnet. took about a month to get it right again. however, those were aftermarket, but it is worth a shot. LF,RF,RR,LR is the order. It tells you on the message center when you put it into learn mode.

OP
OP
C

collazoscesar

Reaction score
So I got another Tpms installed, still no change. I swapped the whole tire from front left position and put it in the right front position. Still no change the swapped good tire was recognized on the front left, but the one moved to the right front (original bad one) is still not being recognized. The model numbers are identical as the originals. I GIVE UP, Is there away too just shut this alert off from the message center, I always check my tire pressure at least every two weeks.especially in winter.
Thanks

46L281GT

Full Access Members
Reaction score
This is the ones that I bought. Price matched to advance auto so I could pick them up. These are programmed with air instead of a magnet. When in learning mode, release the pressure from the tire you want to train and it will recognize it.

Edit: sorry, here is the link.

http://www.rockauto.com/en/moreinfo.php?pk=1534622&jsn=3

Last edited: